Fumes and nausea

Stephen Blair

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really liking this thread!

I am intrigued to hear the outcome of the Stihl repair Stephen, please keep us informed.

As Geoff says, the use of Aspen may find out the damage already caused by pump petrol, but once these issues are fixed you will have trouble free operation, and better health!

Aspen will certainly not cause any damage itself.

The trouble with the drum is that you have to decant the fuel into small containers to take to site, so you will need a pump.

Decanting takes time, and time is money, so it may be cheaper long run to have 5litre cans, just grab a pack of three when you go on a job.

The drum has to be kept inside and dry on top or water can seep in past the pump threads, its a shame to risk contamination of a pure product.

Also easier to keep check on where its going if you have staff or subbies around who may help themselves to a drop from the barrel.

I would decant in to a combi can anyway so no hassle, inside water tight storage under lock and key so theft aint a problem tge drum works out a bit cheaper.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

I would decant in to a combi can anyway so no hassle, inside water tight storage under lock and key so theft aint a problem tge drum works out a bit cheaper.

Yes, the price is 36p per litre cheaper in drums than cans, but you have to buy two drums to get free delivery

The drum price is £685.91

Yes, the price is 36p per litre cheaper in drums than cans, but you have to buy two drums to get free delivery

The drum price is £685.91

Not from jonsie, I asked today and there web price is delivered.

No cans to get rid of either.

If Jonesie is offering free delivery on one barrel then that is a good price, as single barrels direct from AAOil are charged at £40 plus vat delivery.

But even so, based on his web prices there is only a saving of 9p per litre over the 54x5l pallet price.

Not as big a difference as you may think.

Eddie, with the 200lt drums what's the best way of dispensing the fuel?

Hi,

We do two pumps suitable for fuel.

One is Plastic and costs about £30 and will do a few drums

The other is metal high quality and costs around £260.

Cheaper to get free delivery on 270 litres in 5 litre cans.

Saving you loads of time in refilling and the risk of contamination of your clean Aspen.