Big shot Tips

edwood

Helloo

Im planning on ordering myself a big shot and was wondering which is a better size, the 8 foot (that comes in two 4 foot halves) or the six foot.

also if anyone has any tips on using one id be very grateful, have a feeling my bag and line will just fly off into the cosmos first go!

cheers ed

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideally you want 8ft total

I preference 2-4ft ones just for ease of storage and transporting.

Just get one and have a go and you won't look back

Main prob is how far to pull down so it does not go too far

Ps throw bag and line opposite side to your body ie between big shot and the tree

Helloo

Im planning on ordering myself a big shot and was wondering which is a better size, the 8 foot (that comes in two 4 foot halves) or the six foot.

also if anyone has any tips on using one id be very grateful,

have a feeling my bag and line will just fly off into the cosmos first go!

cheers ed

If this happens, dont stand there looking up for it's return with an open mouth in awe, the speed they come down at it could punch a hole in your calvin cliens on the way out!

Ideally you want 8ft total

I preference 2-4ft ones just for ease of storage and transporting.

Just get one and have a go and you won't look back

Main prob is how far to pull down so it does not go too far

Ps throw bag and line opposite side to your body ie between big shot and the tree

2 4foot it is then, when putting the line between the big shot and the tree do you then feed the line through the fork of the catapult so it doesn't get tangled up as you fire? Or go round the side?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

If this happens, dont stand there looking up for it's return with an open mouth in awe, the speed they come down at it could punch a hole in your calvin cliens on the way out!

It's that powerful hey? So you dont to recommend I get my mate to shoot me in the arse to see how much it hurts?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Probably get a 12oz throw bag/weight as it is a good combination of weight (to be able to come back down over the branch) and light enough to go really high, and maybe get the Stein sky line as it seems a bit lighter than the Petzl airline. Just my experience with these products

Pass out all your throw line on the floor before you shoot as it will probably tangle if you don't.

Edited by redmoosefaction

Shot plenty of t bags but usually at southerners

Certainly take the head up with you in cooker season

My son likes to send my sandwiches up to me with it.

Honestly you will love it

Buy a throwline cube and some nice line personally zing it is still the best