smartwinch

karl

I've made that point before and got criticised. I have also made this point about Britain on the American 'The Treehouse' forum and I got slated there as well, by UK Arbs! Hahahaha!

Just my opinion though.:thumbup1:[/

You got a link to that Alasdair?

I missed that too.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made that point before and got criticised. I have also made this point about Britain on the American 'The Treehouse' forum and I got slated there as well, by UK Arbs! Hahahaha!

Just my opinion though.:thumbup1:

lol :lol:

funny bunch, lots of haters hiding behind keyboard ay? :thumbdown:

a few shots of me rocking the SW, climber on the tips isn't me though:blushing: this was our 1st job with the SW, we picked some big old bits off that garage, gob them on the top & crank them up felling them towards the RP, the grcs does that just as well but when we came to swinging those big stems round the SW excelled! way easier to put on the tree too, a higher SWL & you can pre tension bits that are on the metal bollard, you can run 2 ropes but TBH its easier to manage if you just use a 2nd device

IMG_00000147.jpg.0b56c9d4e9b1716a74f7605429e22ec1.jpg

IMG_00000134.jpg.21e8e3510ffba246f7526676a76c76e2.jpg

IMG_00000132.jpg.138f853c73bd15f3f5cb4c636cff5f44.jpg

Good stuff Mike, I've not even seen Mikey's SW yet but may see if I can borrow it for a big Walnut over a house job that's coming up.

I can't recall though any bad thoughts on the SW just a honest review from a Kiwi in Norway.

It'll be interesting to read the negative response it got on the American forum.

Just my opinion though.:thumbup1:[/

You got a link to that Alasdair?

Sorry but I can't even remember the threads that it happened on.

It did make me laugh though!

HS & JS i posted something for mike a while back to do with loler stuff as he said his account is blocked but he's not me, just a mate, the names George BTW my friends call me Gorgeous ;) i work with mike sometimes on big jobs, your probably better mates with him than me if he'll let you borrow the SW! we wanted to rent his for a speed line job and he wouldn't let us have it without him as the operator even though the boss owns his own!

Old mill did you used to/ still live in Stroud, gloucestershire? your avatar says surrey?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice liitle vid. Shame it was only a brief look at the smart winch , it does have a quick look at the portable winch as well.....great little bit of kit , its saved us an awfull lot of graft. I actually ended up sticking gcrs.