Husky 357 xp with scored piston

csservices

Evening all, finally took the exhaust off my 357 the other day to see what was up with it, its been sat in workshop waiting since last summer, saw the piston was badly scored so as my mum was taking her mower to the local garden machinery man today I asked her to take it round for him to look at, apparently he reckons it will cost £50 more than the saws worth to fix it! so options are I get the bits and do it myself, but chances are I won't get time, or sell it as spares and buy another saw, trouble is I can't afford new so what would be a good secondhand choice?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a non runner, and can offer you £100 for it, if you're interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Or I have an 038av Super I'm looking to sell, if you need a replacement saw I'll knock 100 off the price for your saw :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Pm spud

U will probably be able to salvage the pot clean it up

Get a metor piston

Pressure check it to make shore the saws got no air leaks

Job done

I would rather sell a saw for spares than waste my time with aftermarket pots and piston sets

If the cylinder is shot, the hyway 359 cylinder is a very good option, but you'll need a gasket on it!

Otherwise clean the cylinder and fit a new piston, I can do it in 15 minutes, so it shouldn't take too long for you to do it yourself!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

If the cylinder is shot, the hyway 359 cylinder is a very good option, but you'll need a gasket on it!

Otherwise clean the cylinder and fit a new piston, I can do it in 15 minutes, so it shouldn't take too long for you to do it yourself!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Not being funny but it takes me a lot longer than that as I pressure/ vac check the saw, do a compression check, check the squish, clean the carb,check the lines and breathers and the final run up and tach takes over 15 mins - I have never had a repaired seized saw fail again. I need to ensure any reason for failure is found and repaired.

Just saying this as 15 mins means around £7-15 labour for the job - think I had better start subbing my work out to you Eddy:lol: