bulk bags per 25t forestry truck load

geraintnigeria

This will depend on how dry the wood is, 25t at 50-60% moisture, i.e. fresh cut, will give you about 70 cube. Whereas 25 ton at 20% will give around 100 cube. Bulk bags vary in size a lot so work out the cubage from there.

Its worth remembering that fresh felled softwood may be 55% moisture so 13.75ton of your load is just water, if you bought the same load "oven dry" you would be getting an extra 13.75 ton of saleable wood. This is why its always best to buy firewood by volume not weight.

Thanks folks... somewhere between 44-48 bags a load seems safe. That’s not so bad!

Thing is we are close to the forest so delivery is not so bad it seems (1250 per 25t delivered to my dads small holding) getting it out of the sticks into were people live in another thing again.

I buy 25tn loads Forestry softwood, get approx 70-75 cubic metres from this quantity if it is a good clean load. this is timber that is around 2 years old so seasoned, therefore the load has a good volume of timber in it, not sure how much if the timber was green when delivered, but would be a lot less.

This will depend on how dry the wood is, 25t at 50-60% moisture, i.e. fresh cut, will give you about 70 cube. Whereas 25 ton at 20% will give around 100 cube. Bulk bags vary in size a lot so work out the cubage from there.

I reckon this is about right. Our 60 cube bin when heaped up but well stacked with fresh cut pine chogs goes just under the 20 ton. I know the piccy is not pine but just an indicator of how crammed in it needs to be to get 20ton .

arb002-Copy_zps45956a81.jpg