Tipping trailer 2014 8x5

jnoon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had one of the first range of IW 3500kg tipping trailers running on LR wheels.

An indestructible PIG.

I traded it, for a very fair price against another IW tipper about 10 year ago.

this one is larger in size, therefore more useful, and running on smaller lighter axles wheels.

Got it plated at 2000kg so as to be legal behind misc vans.

tows like a dream, even behind the Octavia.

A very very useful bit of kit, and has done us proud.

the key is, that it is not much heavier than a flatbed, but hey, it TIPS!

And has given ZERO bother.

M

Yes; 10x5 tipper. Flippin solid. I really liked the Bateson when I looked at it (a bit more refined than the nugent) but Roger Young Saltash* and 3.5t** made the decision.

Sounds good, we have a horse box as new that we might want to px so that might influence decisions as dealers are in Chulmleigh, graham Edwards seen to be very strong trailers & tie beautifully

Apologies for slight derail, but wondered if anyone uses these type of trailers for woodland management work- namely extracting log rings along woodland rides.

I am aware of the lack of walking beam axle and the presence of potentially 'catchy' brake cables but would be interested to hear if anyone makes do none the less.

I have an old ifor tt105 tipper best trailer I have ever towed. I bought a brand new BV105 ifor box trailer last year worst trailer I have ever towed. The wheels were not even welded to point in the same direction. The dealer immediately refunded in full. I have just replaced our 16ft flatbed with a new Brian james not as heavily made as the ifor but lower and easier to live with, Better engineered and finished better to tow. Ifor quality down the pan customer service non existent.

I have an old ifor tt105 tipper best trailer I have ever towed. I bought a brand new BV105 ifor box trailer last year worst trailer I have ever towed. The wheels were not even welded to point in the same direction. The dealer immediately refunded in full. I have just replaced our 16ft flatbed with a new Brian james not as heavily made as the ifor but lower and easier to live with, Better engineered and finished better to tow. Ifor quality down the pan customer service non existent.

Hi Steve they were the best at one time mate BUT BRIAN JAMES ARE GOOD THANKS JON

Some slate the Brian James but I really like mine I can easily load grass machinery on with the low bed height.

What are they slated for. The only thing I can think of is they may not put up with over loading like an ifor but were not supposed to do that. A good test is if it tows nice behind a double cab.

What are they slated for. The only thing I can think of is they may not put up with over loading like an ifor but were not supposed to do that. A good test is if it tows nice behind a double cab.

Hi Steve,

On another thread people said they fell apart after a year I find that very hard to believe!

Tows beautifully behind pickups definitely best trailer I've owned just silly obvious things like kick down rear legs, The way the ramps stow away, grease nipples so grease goes inside the jockey wheel .