Banned drivers

danroker1987

now with insurance you have to be named on the policy to drive other vehicals. the third party rules does not apply anymore. so if your name is not on that policy you are not insured to drive it.

You can be covered third party only driving other vehicles with the owners permission, subject to the other vehicle having insurance of it's own. It's on my policy and plenty of other peoples.

You can't buy a Porche and a Robin Reliant, and only insure the Reliant. :lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I sell off our old vans people turn up with their car insurance expecting to test drive the vehicle.

1. a car policy does not cover a commercial vehicle ( van )

2. Even if it did your not driving my vehicle 3rd party fire and theft

When I sell off our old vans people turn up with their car insurance expecting to test drive the vehicle.

1. a car policy does not cover a commercial vehicle ( van )

2. Even if it did your not driving my vehicle 3rd party fire and theft

A car policy can cover a van not being used for commercial purposes, I was covered by the Co-op when I had my Nissan Vanette for my own use camping and pushbike carrying.

Fines are dispensed in accordance with the tariff of punishment.

It sets out the minimum and maximum punishment for the offence.

For the plebeian, your brief can whinge that you don't have a lot of disposable income and that a heavy fine would be difficult to pay, that cant be said of the footballers so they get the top end of the tariff. The courts don't get involved with financially auditing each and every drink driving defendant but the sentencing guidelines say they do have to take the severity into account.

To take your example of Mr Smith lets say the fine is £100.00 and he earns £400.00 a week, that makes the fine a quarter of his weekly. Rooney earns 329,851.00 a week and a quarter of that is over 82 grand, that's hardly a means tested fine

What looks like means testing is the guilty as sin whinging that they cant pay even tough they are bang to rights.

Mr Smith down the road earns £11,000 a week.