Our christmas hols

Steve Bullman

Dagmar,

Yours is the classic flawed argument for gun ownership, you seriously sound like you've been brainwashed by the NRA or spent the last five years reading pro-gun blogs on the internet.

Its total crap, its like you want to live in a constant state of fear, fear of government, fear of people, fear of your neighbours and fear of community.

Your deluded fantasy that the government or EU is planning a quasi-fascist blitzkrieg is laughable and betrays all the symptoms of the classic gun freak - perpetually nervous, anxious, neurotic, paranoid and above all fearful of people.

Owning a gun is the goal in every misantropes life. Pro gun people have a common trait, a red thread which runs through their negative diatribes - they're always whining about central government, liberals, immigrants, ethnic minorities, the unemployed, gays, abortion.

No,there you really are reinforcing negitive sterotypes Tokmal.Gun ownership,like dog,cat and homosexuality runs accross all social boundries.A firearm is relitivly inexpensive compared to a motorbike or even a quality stereo.

Antigunners all also share a common thread,ignorance and inexperiance using and handling firearms.

Have you ever fired a rifle or shotgun Tokmal?

A firearm is a tool,like any tool it can be misused,you seem competent with chainsaws and chippers through training and use.Firearms are no different,in the right hands they do no wrong.

As to you point of no classrooms full of todlers being shot after the Dunblane tradgedy,how many were killed in the five hundred years of handgun ownership prior?

The social problems that exisit in the UK are the root cause of crime and violence we see today.Post second world war the British isles were awash with firearms and people who were trained to kill,the crime statistics were not a candle on what they are today.

Banning anything never makes it harder to obtain,it just places the banned items beyond the reach of the law abiding.

"WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED,ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, thought this was an arb forum?

i have some weapons, mostly for work or specific tasks, I would never ever consider using one for 'home defence' I work in an office with several people who are of the 'anti gun' frame of mind, and i can appreciate their views, they live in manchester, sheffield and the surrounding areas and to them guns represent one thing crime, to me in a rural setting the represent a tool to carry out a job and i dont really consider firearms as a part of rural crime.

to me firearms are no more than a tool, like my chainsaws, both can be potentially leathal if used incorrectly,

Im not trying to upset anybody with this thread im just explaining how i see the situation,

No,there you really are reinforcing negitive sterotypes Tokmal.Gun ownership,like dog,cat and homosexuality runs accross all social boundries.A firearm is relitivly inexpensive compared to a motorbike or even a quality stereo.

Guns are cheap, so what? pro-gun people are united by their fear of other people, be they criminal or otherwise, you guys look at life through cynical eyes and are sh*t scared of everything and everyone.

Antigunners all also share a common thread,ignorance and inexperiance using and handling firearms.

Have you ever fired a rifle or shotgun Tokmal?

Many a time, used a rifle and shotgun regularly when I worked on a farm in the outer hebrides. I also visited a shooting range whilst living in America and fired every type of gun imaginable.

As to you point of no classrooms full of todlers being shot after the Dunblane tradgedy,how many were killed in the five hundred years of handgun ownership prior?

Once is enough, dont you think?

The social problems that exisit in the UK are the root cause of crime and violence we see today.

Yes, but private gun ownership will not solve these issues. To think that you can solve the problems of crime in society with a gun is mindblowingly idiotic. The cultural factors that have led us to where we are today are complex and difficult to solve, only a desperate loser would reach for a gun in times like this.

Post second world war the British isles were awash with firearms and people who were trained to kill,the crime statistics were not a candle on what they are today.

Stop being so afraid, and get on with your life. If you really want to help society change then become a teacher. Your pro-gun approach is worthless in this country.

"WHEN GUNS ARE OUTLAWED,ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS"

If you want to copy other people's slogans then thats fine, but sooner or later you are going to have to start thinking about the kind of world you want your children to grow up in and decide what your response is going to be.

I believe that gun ownership is not the way forward for a civilised society, and so do the vast majority of people living in the UK. If you dont like the laws you can lobby government to change them, otherwise leave because we can easily do without pro-gun people in Britain.

jeez i only wanted to show pictures of some guns...didnt expect everyone to start crying about it!!!

Much like trees and tree related problems, guns and gun laws can be a very emotive issue.

I was only responding to Ed's stupid cartoon of the British guy and his pro-American 2nd amendment comment.

I'll leave it now.......maybe.

you guys look at life through cynical eyes and are sh*t scared of everything and everyone.

Not so,I used to box.The old antiguners slogan of "little man,big gun" isn't applicable here.

Many a time, used a rifle and shotgun regularly when I worked on a farm in the outer hebrides. I also visited a shooting range whilst living in America and fired every type of gun imaginable.

So in your world,the farmer couldn't shoot pests.He would have to pay a member of the government to come out and do it.No bother,farmers have lots of money.

Yes, but private gun ownership will not solve these issues. To think that you can solve the problems of crime in society with a gun is mindblowingly idiotic. The cultural factors that have led us to where we are today are complex and difficult to solve, only a desperate loser would reach for a gun in times like

this

I bet the burglary rate in Martin Bryants country dropped sharply after he shot that intruder though.

The Police didn't stop the crime happening,fear of the Police or Jail wasn't a deterent to the theives.If someone was breaking into your house and you called the police,would you take action or sit and watch them nick your stuff,or harm your family?

Stop being so afraid, and get on with your life. If you really want to help society change then become a teacher. Your pro-gun approach is worthless in this country.

I don't live in "your country".

If you want to copy other people's slogans then thats fine, but sooner or later you are going to have to start thinking about the kind of world you want your children to grow up in and decide what your response is going to be.

Okay here is my own slogan.

"I own a gun because I am emotionally secure".

I believe that gun ownership is not the way forward for a civilised society, and so do the vast majority of people living in the UK. If you dont like the laws you can lobby government to change them, otherwise leave because we can easily do without pro-gun people in Britain.

Yes,no more Cricket bats,kitchen knives or broken bottles either.Those "weapons" account for far more crimes than firearms do.

Cricket is out dated anyway,you don't really need a knife as you can buy everything pre prepared and plastic means you'd never break a bottle thus making a weapon.

Only then could the citizens of the Brittish Isles sleep soundly.

Yes,no more Cricket bats,kitchen knives or broken bottles either.Those "weapons" account for far more crimes than firearms do.

Cricket is out dated anyway,you don't really need a knife as you can buy everything pre prepared and plastic means you'd never break a bottle thus making a weapon.

Only then could the citizens of the Brittish Isles sleep soundly.

C'mon Bogie! guns are designed to kill things!

Knives have a thousand different uses other than killing people. Maybe our laws on being in possession of a knife without good reason need changing to include harsher punishment. But to trawl out the same old 'knives kill people too man' argument is beyond stupidity.

As for the cricket bats and bottles comparison, your really getting desperate now.