pick up for 10k, but what

carpenter1

Yup, certainly got to look at the super cab option. Ford Ranger, Nissan Navarra and new Isuzu all have opening rear suicide door which gives great access to rear for storing kit; Toyota and Mitsubishi do not have opening rear.

I would like a load guard though behind the seats in my super cab to prevent getting hit by any gear in the event of a collision!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very old (2000 on a W reg) Isuzu double cab pickup which i adore. I always hankered after any brand of pickup with a 'Club/Space/Extra Cab' so as the bed would be a bit longer for more log/chip space, but having removed the rear seats from my double cab and put in my saws, climbing kit, straps/strops, fuel cans, insulated rods, blower etc. i now feel i need all of that space and a 'Club/Space/Extra Cab' would not be quite big enough. I do wish the bed was a bit longer/wider but i make do with what i have got. Are you guys saying a Mitsi L200 longback is basically a double cab with a single cab bed fitted ? cheers, Ken (with no money to upgrade anyway !)

Bear in mind that " demonstrator" vehicles arr often the ones damaged in transit

If they put new panels on they sell them as demonstrators.....

Used to inpect damaged in transit, typically a car breaks loose in Bay of Biscay and rolls backwards and forwards damaging lots of other cars. Those are ones sold as demonstrators ....

Bear in mind that " demonstrator" vehicles arr often the ones damaged in transit

If they put new panels on they sell them as demonstrators.....

Used to inpect damaged in transit, typically a car breaks loose in Bay of Biscay and rolls backwards and forwards damaging lots of other cars. Those are ones sold as demonstrators ....

Thanks didn't know that

Nothing wrong with my navara. Plenty of power Very comfy. 6 gears for motorway driving and plenty of crearure comforts for those long journeys

I too would recommend a D40 Navara after owning a Ranger, Land Rover L200 and a Rodeo by far the best ride quality and bags of power with a chip / remap.

Jim don't take my word as gospel, just my initial thoughts of what's meant to be a cracking machine... I test drove a L200 barbarian long bed moments after and found it to have way more poke and better steering.

It's just my opinion though :)

Also the steering wheel in the d max annoyed me too :) haha

Going for a run in a high end hilux too so my minds not made up! :)

Jim don't take my word as gospel, just my initial thoughts of what's meant to be a cracking machine... I test drove a L200 barbarian long bed moments after and found it to have way more poke and better steering.

It's just my opinion though :)

Also the steering wheel in the d max annoyed me too :) haha

Going for a run in a high end hilux too so my minds not made up! :)

Was it the shape of the steering wheel? That felt odd to me.

I found the key quite chunky and did not keep it in my pocket for fear of hurting my testimonials.

And I put the truck in 6th and drove into a wall. Gently thankfully. Reverse is not meant to be top left!

Other than that I must have liked it as I ordered one.

Was it the shape of the steering wheel? That felt odd to me.

I found the key quite chunky and did not keep it in my pocket for fear of hurting my testimonials.

And I put the truck in 6th and drove into a wall. Gently thankfully. Reverse is not meant to be top left!

Other than that I must have liked it as I ordered one.

If 6th is top left where have they put first ?. Bottom right is bad news for reverse because it could be possible at top speed.

If 6th is top left where have they put first ?. Bottom right is bad news for reverse because it could be possible at top speed.

Sorry, did not explain that well. Used to bottom right in my ranger. Went bottom right for reverse, got 6th and went forward into wall. Reverse in D Max is left of 1st.