processor demo's

Logsnstuff

Anyone interested in a slightly larger machine could view a Multitek, we have a new 1610EZ &.1620SS arriving today + there is a mobile unit we are building in the workshop.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

I'd like a multitek, 50% of the timber coming in is 25" to 35" diameter and none of the other brands are doing machinery for this size that I can see but demand isn't high enough for that kind of outlay atm.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like a multitek, 50% of the timber coming in is 25" to 35" diameter and none of the other brands are doing machinery for this size that I can see but demand isn't high enough for that kind of outlay atm.

Have a look at the models mentioned, 16" & 18" capacity. The 1620 has a circular saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

Just back from the pallax demo all I can say is diabolical, 50 min walked around not a single member of staff even aproached us attempted a good morning to someone on the rabaud kindling machine that was greeted with a gormless stare but no reply and even worse in all the time I was there not a single machine was in operation. I was interested in the net Shute & the hydraulic cleaner/tumbler but will have to be from a different company I award them 0-10 for customer service.:cursing::cursing:

Just back from the pallax demo all I can say is diabolical, 50 min walked around not a single member of staff even aproached us attempted a good morning to someone on the rabaud kindling machine that was greeted with a gormless stare but no reply and even worse in all the time I was there not a single machine was in operation. I was interested in the net Shute & the hydraulic cleaner/tumbler but will have to be from a different company I award them 0-10 for customer service.:cursing::cursing:

Funny enough at the last Arb show I attended (2 years ago) same thing happened, seemed to be plenty of staff, only a couple of people like me looking but one of them was talking to several staff members. So the machine I wanted to see how it ticked and what the maintenance (ease of greasing etc) was like I only saw from a couple of feet away. So despite me standing around for 15 mins no one came and spoke to me.

Not sure they are even at the next Arb Show, so I guess a 360 it is.

A

Funny enough at the last Arb show I attended (2 years ago) same thing happened, seemed to be plenty of staff, only a couple of people like me looking but one of them was talking to several staff members. So the machine I wanted to see how it ticked and what the maintenance (ease of greasing etc) was like I only saw from a couple of feet away. So despite me standing around for 15 mins no one came and spoke to me.

Not sure they are even at the next Arb Show, so I guess a 360 it is.

A

No one came over at the Wilsons demo but it was a busy day and I was kind of glad to avoid any sales pitch. Would be interested to know the prices of the lasco splitters and see them in big fresh timber.

Might drop in by Caledonian Forestry's tomorrow as never seen there stuff, did they have any of the small scale forwarders and harvesters on show?

I was thinking about driving down to the Caledonian forestry show with a friend, but sort of glad that I didn't now!

I just realised the palax 100s does not cut 20cm length, minimum is 25cm which probably means that Posch 360 would be the better option. I do quite a bit of 20cm logs for folk with smaller stoves.

It is interesting to get feedback on Palax machines. The lads at Ardersier are nice blokes but I reckon they have a good arrangement with Tajfun which is why they push them so much and perhaps are negative on the brand they do not sell.

i went to caledonian foresty open day on sat ,yes it was quiet but jim watt was in good form and the lads were veru helpfull in demonstrating machines ,but only one at a time.ended up buying a palax 90s and deck.now have a farmi wp36 for sale any one interested?

Also at Caledonians open day yesterday, found jim and all his staff very polite and helpfull, wasnt a massive day but was still enjoyable with a good supply of tea coffee and snacks! Ended up ordering a log deck!