Stihl online sales policy rumour control!

Gnarlyoak

Apart from coming out of the dark ages the internet has been around for years!

They now have total internet control of the products. I guess the dealers will have to pay for this ecommerce system they provide so they will win both ways it's a model a few companies use.

Provide ecommerce system for dealers that they pay for and also control the price. Simples

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phoned fr jones today to see if they would send a stihl leaf blower to my Dad in Cornwall, the guy there checked for me and came back with a "no" he said the change in policy was for things like oil, or the like, not for tools with engines, even non cutting ones like the blower, got to get my Dad to buy local now at an extra £45!

If stihl want to even the playing field for dealers, they should give them the same margins, otherwise its not going to be a difficult choice - Husqy!

phoned fr jones today to see if they would send a stihl leaf blower to my Dad in Cornwall, the guy there checked for me and came back with a "no" he said the change in policy was for things like oil, or the like, not for tools with engines, even non cutting ones like the blower, got to get my Dad to buy local now at an extra £45!

If stihl want to even the playing field for dealers, they should give them the same margins, otherwise its not going to be a difficult choice - Husqy!

Mole Valley will probably beat a Dealer for price in Cornwall anyway, they've got much higher volume of sale which probably gives them better buying power. I always check local dealers / mole valley / online. Surprisingly there doesn't seem to be a definitive "winner" of my purchases, it has varied fairly evenly between all 3.

Mole Valley will probably beat a Dealer for price in Cornwall anyway, they've got much higher volume of sale which probably gives them better buying power. I always check local dealers / mole valley / online. Surprisingly there doesn't seem to be a definitive "winner" of my purchases, it has varied fairly evenly between all 3.

Radmore and Tucker supply Mole Valley

Radmore and Tucker are cheaper than Mole Valley

Radmore and Tucker deliver using their own vans to Cornwall,Devon,Sommerset,Dorset and some...

FRJ is about 3% cheaper,but if they won't deliver...

I think you will find that Mole Valley are now buying direct from Stihl, and that Radmore have lost a sizeable chunk of sales because of it.

At least, that is what I hear from the trade reps that visit.

Could be

Mason-Kings are 25% off RRP but don't deliver

Could be

Mason-Kings are 25% off RRP but don't deliver

And as a sub dealer, having to buy from similar places to R&T, I am 20% off RRP and make very little profit. I mean VERY little.

But many locals prefer to buy from me even though I am more expensive.

It is not all about price luckily.

Radmore and Tucker supply Mole Valley

Radmore and Tucker are cheaper than Mole Valley

Radmore and Tucker deliver using their own vans to Cornwall,Devon,Sommerset,Dorset and some...

FRJ is about 3% cheaper,but if they won't deliver...

Do R&T sell to "trade individuals" or just to retailers??