Timberwolf tw240

lan3y1

Dean, not too sure on the "Forst" comment. While they are a worthy competitor, they aren't in the same class as either TW or GreenMech. The main design criteria of the TW150 and 240, GreenMech QuadChip and the 150/130 range is to be under 750kgs. The Forst isnt.......

if you buy a Forst, it is in the knowledge that it cannot be towed by everyone and it hasnt a turntable.

The OP is new to Arbtalk with 4 posts in all, welcome him to the community.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're squabbling over the sub 750kg market, something that Forst aren't in. From what I see on the back over tree company wagons it's probably the biggest chipper market (in terms of numbers).

The more they try and outdo each other the better the product gets for us, the end user.

We have had our new 240 for 2 weeks now, I'll ask the lads who use it daily for their feedback and post it.

My impression so far is it's a tidy little machine, blades are relatively simple to change, drags in and chips well. On the downside the feed hopper is low I have to stoop to feed brash in.

You can't alway compete on price but you can on quality

Theres not a lot they can do now to better 750kg machines imo, never had a tw but had a gm qc for 2 years, good machine, reliable and good to use but as the end of the day its built to a weight with thin metal, I had the chute bracket snap on the motorway once. The 750kg market is a disposable one and at 5yrs old they will all look knackered no matter who makes them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

To me the 240 looks like timberwolf stripped down a quad chip and copied all the bits they liked ... So can't be a bad machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Think they pretty much did, the chute not folding is an attempt to not look so blatant.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

What's the waiting list for a greenmech 160? Does anyone have it in stock?

Hi Ian Orange Plant have Quadchips in stock ready for immediate sale, we have depots in Newcastle, York, Bromborough, Cannock, Peterborough & Sussex.

If your interested please give me a call on 01273 891 831 or 07432 423 839

Regards

Kev Jenner

On the outside looking in, whilst TW & GM continue squabbling in the 6" market Forst are stealing your business. People say there is no business in the large chipper market but I'm glad I'm not this market, NIGHTMARE

Dean,

"Glad your not in this market" how long before you will be ??? :biggrin:

To me the 240 looks like timberwolf stripped down a quad chip and copied all the bits they liked ... So can't be a bad machine.

I would not say that, as with all chippers the basic lay out is similar to its class competitors be it turntable, PTO, in-line or tracked, we are all governed by the same criteria so there is only a set number of configurations all manufacturers can use. The HSE set the in-feed hopper height and stop bar layout, the weight constrictions have a massive impact on the components such as the Kubota 3 cyl turbo engine shared by Greenmech and Timberwolf in the sub 750kg turntable machines, (this engine was first used in the Jensen sub 750kg in-line machine so it could be said we are all following the Germans!)

Although the basic design of the 2 chippers in question looks similar its the design of the main chipping components that set these 2 machines apart and these benefits can only be measured by using the machines along with personal preferences. I would recommend that if you have the chance, you try the TW240TDHB(t) and make your own decisions on the spec and build quality.

It is an impressive machine:thumbup1: