Opinions please

PC tree

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure most customers don't know what bs3998 is, but I do feel its are duty if quoting for such works to explain it to them.

Have found 9 out of 10 will actually listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Couldn't agree more, allow the client to make an informed choice.

Most of them do listen, then do what they thought was right in the first place:001_rolleyes:

I agree with Treequip on this , its not a what I would call a job to be proud of but....nobody know what the circumstances were , what the final onsite situations were or anything else . I remember one particular job we done some yrs ago . myself and the TO knew the tree wouldn't look pretty for a yr or two , a large holm oak which need to be pruned harder in some areas than others to gain the TO's plan for the tree.

There's only a fortnight's difference between a bad haircut and a good one ;) Give it time and it will fill out and look green and no-one will see the cuts.

The difference is, hair does not have nodes, and it does not decay. I agree with all who point out that without knowing the objective, we can't judge the work, if the cuts are to nodes. Early on, BS 3998 makes clear: This standard does not cover the specific processes for surveying and

inspecting trees; it starts at the point where the requirement for some

kind of action has been identified but the work has not yet been

specified (see Figure 1).

At 35.3 kb it's hard to tell what internodal cuts there were; that's the main identifier of 'topping'. The cuts look small enough to avoid harming the tree greatly; I might happily claim the work as my own, if the cuts were all to nodes. But it's a little out of my range of operations. :001_tt2:

re the reasons to cut to nodes, attached case was instructive to me.

AA Car Canopy.pdf