Bandit gallery

GlobalNewark

It's a quip Eddie - basically they are saying that if weight is an issue then look elsewhere! It looks awesome, I just wish I understood Bandit product numbers... What is a disk machine, what is a drum machine, do the numbers refer to chipping capacity or engine power etc etc?

Got you now!:thumbup:

Weights not much of an issue for me, and a good look around at the Confor show, had me pretty much convinced it would be first point of call when I was looking to upgrade, due to being almost a surplus of metal in them.

Just out of interest what is the largest capacity 3 point linkage PTO machine you can assemble assuming 180hp+ available on the tractor, and plenty of linkage capacity?

Eddie.

Do you offer the chipper/chip box combos in the uk?

You can purchase through Bandit as normal or the latest that was built last month is attached, the customer used an existing trailer he had, purchased a model 90xp(9") on a turntable & had the chip box built to fit. The thing I always tell customers is that with Bandit anything is possible.ImageUploadedByArbtalk1409513793.057937.jpg.8ef405ca144570486bc411182feab13c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1409513776.910344.jpg.184e425b5a5e87b2e66c36e3e87f1b34.jpg

Got you now!:thumbup:

Weights not much of an issue for me, and a good look around at the Confor show, had me pretty much convinced it would be first point of call when I was looking to upgrade, due to being almost a surplus of metal in them.

Just out of interest what is the largest capacity 3 point linkage PTO machine you can assemble assuming 180hp+ available on the tractor, and plenty of linkage capacity?

Eddie.

We offer Three different 12" machines with the 250pto being the most popular & last time I asked they would still build the 254 which is 14" capacity.

We offer Three different 12" machines with the 250pto being the most popular & last time I asked they would still build the 254 which is 14" capacity.

What would the feed size be for the 14", have they ever done a short conveyor on one?

Eddie.

What would the feed size be for the 14", have they ever done a short conveyor on one?

Eddie.

If I'm honest I can't remember, a 250 is 12.5 x 19 & a 255 is 15.5 x 25 so somewhere in between. I will ask the question ref the conveyor.

If I'm honest I can't remember, a 250 is 12.5 x 19 & a 255 is 15.5 x 25 so somewhere in between. I will ask the question ref the conveyor.

Thanks, I think there's very limited choice 3 point linkage pto machines out there to suit the larger 'T' series Valtra's and roof mounts, especially with a feed setup ideal for the job.

Eddie.

Thanks, I think there's very limited choice 3 point linkage pto machines out there to suit the larger 'T' series Valtra's and roof mounts, especially with a feed setup ideal for the job.

Eddie.

I think the problem comes down to weight more than anything - ideally it would be an 18'' plus drum chipper for that set up but you are getting into heavy territory, with the bulk of the weight a fair way out from the link arms. The tractor might well lift it but it would need a massive amount of front weight and is subsequently stressing the whole machine. I also suspect you are after a solely crane fed machine, but there is always a bit of clearing up to do afterwards, usually by hand. Do you take a second chipper? Do you risk a groundsman hand-feeding a crane fed machine with no stop bars etc? Everything is a bit of a compromise unfortunately. I think you need a massive self propelled tracked drum chipper personally (I know I do, but can't justify the expense unfortunately!).

I think the problem comes down to weight more than anything - ideally it would be an 18'' plus drum chipper for that set up but you are getting into heavy territory, with the bulk of the weight a fair way out from the link arms. The tractor might well lift it but it would need a massive amount of front weight and is subsequently stressing the whole machine. I also suspect you are after a solely crane fed machine, but there is always a bit of clearing up to do afterwards, usually by hand. Do you take a second chipper? Do you risk a groundsman hand-feeding a crane fed machine with no stop bars etc? Everything is a bit of a compromise unfortunately. I think you need a massive self propelled tracked drum chipper personally (I know I do, but can't justify the expense unfortunately!).

Couldn't really agree more, but absolute NO to any hand feeding! I don't do anything domestic so usually some other way of losing the last bit on site.

My current Farmi 260 with conveyor is great, but hoping to finally have my own Valtra which could stand something larger, and I wondered what Bandit could put together of the same idea?

18" Drum would be lovely, but a big old donk like you say, and yes a compromise has to be sought until funds allow hopefully better solutions.

Biomass SVC with Kesla crane on tracks for me please!

Eddie.