HAAS knee ascender.

I've just received my HAAS today but didn't have enough time to set up for tomorrow. I had a little play but ran out of time and the way I was trying wasn't right.

The videos show the set up using a hitch climber and/or rope wrench for SRT or DDRT.

Has anybody got a picture of the set up with a Hitch Hiker.

I never really use lanyard over shoulder and just hoik it up as I go along cos I don't often do big ascents in one go. But I would like to make more effort 😄

I use a Lyon sling with tool clip as a chest loop. I clip this to the loop I have put on the HH Oxan and I use this for ascending more efficiently, even on small ascents.

With the HAAS, I pass the bungee inside my harness bridge and clip it to the Lyon sling. I have changed the brass snap for a snap gate binder to make it easy to clip onto the Lyon.

I won't be climbing again until Thursday next week so I'll try and get a photo then.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries bud. PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post. It's made out of 6mm rope with a stitched eye either end.

If you attach the Hass to the ring you clip the HH too I'm should it'd be fine?

I tried that first Ger but there isn't enough bungee available to lift the Croll.

I did try it today attached to the ring which HH is clipped to. I had to tie it pretty much all the way up to the end of the elastic. It did work but does need refining. Maybe attaching to the Lyon sling will be better. I tried the sling today and that worked well too. I was really impressed and really enjoyed the climb.

No worries bud. Sounds like a good set up you've got there! I'm only over the hills in Sheffield, so I'll have to pop over and have a gander sometime 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Been looking at one of these to make the ddrt ascents on my spiderjack easier.. just out of interest has anyone tried it on the spider? I notice on the Vid he attaches it to the hitchclimber pulley, any ideas where you'd put the clip on a spider setup? just wanna make sure it'll do its thing well before shelling out for one haha