HAAS knee ascender.

Don't get me wrong bro, I made my own also! but I also got the haas after that. It still makes me laugh how everyone jumped up and down when someone suggested copying the arbortrolley yet but copying other items is perfectly fine. But I also met up with Michael for some beers in the US and really respect him for pushing the haas forward.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with my home grown one. been running it for almost 2 years. Still on the same footloop but ive replaced the elastic once. The idea has been around since scotty sharp came up with his rope rocket setup. Nice to see it getting refined. My elastic never has any slack Jake, and it always goes right up to the wrench setup if i choose to take steps that big.

Do you have a photo Ben?

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Definitely big respect to the creator of the HAAS for refining the system and putting it on the marketplace.

That said, I still like my homemade one better. :D

In the end it all works out well. There are those like myself that have the desire to tinker with their own gear, and then there are others that don't have the desire or time to mess around with it. It's good to have readymade products like this available, so that everyone can benefit from the advancements in climbing tech.

The original scotty srt had a pulley in the elastic to the pantin I think. I've got the system and use it srt and double rope and works well on both. I used a small sling from a croll and thicker elastic to create more tension. The scotty system would have been a huge hit if it was years later and didn't use the traxion but it was a great system. I'm sure there was a you tube video of it and a thread on here about it.

Haha you know it Drew. If I could afford it, I would buy a haas too, its a tidy bit of kit.

Old mill, dont have the picture on my computer but ive posted it up a few times on different threads in the SRT forum. Its nothing exciting...

Found it on the SRT Q and A thread. Crap photo and you've all seen it before probably, but for those that have not a picture is worth 1000 words.

Notice my elastic has snapped (again) so its bodged up with an alpine.:sneaky2:

597668debd9fc_IMG_07111.jpg.99413915f06a076dc7cacb770dd36630.jpg

Mine has arrived and I'm confused.

The elastic isn't all inside the rope and I've set it up to the correct length and the elastic doesn't retract into the rope as I thought it would.

I thought the whole purpose was for all the elastic to retract inside so it's all neat and tidy. This was the main selling point for me!

Am I wrong?

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1398274011.004495.jpg.d3e45628fdc12ca7219291e5ac76f99a.jpg

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!