Reaction wood

waz77

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Down to earth with a Bump today.

My definition of reaction wood would be the time in seconds it takes to make a brand new saw chain blunt.

I had a go at another piece of Ash today from a big tree which had become damaged at about a foot above ground so that only a third of the circumference was supporting the whole tree.

My reaction was predictable after sharpening the new chain to see it blunt again

in about twenty seconds!

I don't know about lignin and cellulose content, more like a mixture of iron filings and flint!

• 1 month later...
You're just waiting to see who's mad, sad or bad enough to ask.....!

Is it a simple google job or are you offering a link??

I could probably find a link. My missus was on ebay and a book popped up by the same author. She saved it for me, thinking it was something relevant to my studies and then later searches produced another paper- which was relevant to another assignment ( and this thread)

I've got it if you want it:001_tt2: or you could google it:001_tt2:

If you can't find it. PM with your Email address and I'll send it.

Mad, sad or bad enough to ask.....!

I think there's some people who have a desire for knowledge and a better understanding of 'things'. Personally I do and because of the assistance I've recieved from others towards that, I just do a bit to pass it on.:biggrin:

Yes please!

I'll send over email address by PM, not sure which category I fit in or if it's a combo!

Sharing the knowledge is appreciated, subject to a decision, I'm probably just a small push from embarking on a similar route that you're well into so it is much appreciated!

:blushing:

Sorry I missed this, but we will be talking soon anyway.

As I'm always being reminded, "every day is a school day" and "it's all about the learning"