Thinking of going employed

David_chainsaw

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi mate, it's been reading all this and wanted to say, now this is not to put you down at all, but...

There is so much work out there, you just have to find it, and I don't mean flicking through the paper, I mean going into places asking to see the boss and handing them your cv...if you can't do this, for what ever reason or excuse, then you will never make it on your own in business, because this is exactly what you have to do to find work..work won't just come to you because you own a lawn mower or hedge cutter. Again I don't mean this to sound harsh.

Also be realistic with where you want to go...I myself have just gone self employed as a climber, managed to find a good guy to contract to but my end goal is to own my own small business, you need to set yourself a time line this will help with buying kit ect (once your earning money) so for my by the end of the month I want to have saved enough to buy my own top handle saw, then looking further down the line, by November I want to have my own truck ect ect...hope this is making sense lol..

Granted I'm in a better position than you buy our goals are the same buddy, just need to be realistic about everything...hope this motivated you to go out tomorrow and find yourself some work

All the best

Someone should employ the OP, there must be CITC grants available....

I would be very reluctant to employ someone that has a track record like his. He has had opportunity to impress and has epically failed, I don't know anyone that could afford to employ anyone who can't even turn up for work! Might sound harsh but as we all know business ain't a hobby!

I would be very reluctant to employ someone that has a track record like his. He has had opportunity to impress and has epically failed, I don't know anyone that could afford to employ anyone who can't even turn up for work! Might sound harsh but as we all know business ain't a hobby!

Nail on the head there Ant :thumbup: I have helped lots of younguns onto the path of employment . All bar one have turned out great . I know your a good bloke as you have helped me out recently . Some people just talk about doing things and this thread so far has led me to this conclusion . Time will pass this man by if he don't get a grip . Just my opinion .

Some people expect to be spoon fed . Everything on a plate and delivered to the door . Even then some people feel hard done by . Big world out there David Chainsaw but you will never taste it from the sofa .

Edited by White Noise

Another thing with lack of buses running at suitable times etc. is get a bike!

If you cant ride a bike 10-15miles (maybe 20) in the morning for work then your not fit enough for this kind of work anyway.

Nail on the head there Ant :thumbup: I have helped lots of younguns onto the path of employment . All bar one have turned out great . I know your a good bloke as you have helped me out recently . Some people just talk about doing things and this thread so far has led me to this conclusion . Time will pass this man by if he don't get a grip . Just my opinion .

Some people expect to be spoon fed . Everything on a plate and delivered to the door . Even then some people feel hard done by . Big world out there David Chainsaw but you will never taste it from the sofa .

No worries mate! I don't mind helping people that are willing to help themselves. I never had anything handed to me on a plate so why others can't do it for themselves is beyond me! Seems to be a common prob with alot of younger people these days. If it's too much like hard work they can't be bothered. If they can't be bothered then why should I!

No worries mate! I don't mind helping people that are willing to help themselves. I never had anything handed to me on a plate so why others can't do it for themselves is beyond me! Seems to be a common prob with alot of younger people these days. If it's too much like hard work they can't be bothered. If they can't be bothered then why should I!

Amen to that :thumbup: