Hired from Orange Plant.

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An issue we had hiring grinders was that they didn't want to give us spare teeth. We had the machine a few days and teeth can and do get damaged. I understand having to pay for them, but doesn't it make sense to give us a load of spares that we pay for if we use?

OUr grinder goes out with a bucket load of spares when it goes out..

I also dislike paying for sharpening, seems like a bit of a con and should be included in the price of hire IMO.

An issue we had hiring grinders was that they didn't want to give us spare teeth. We had the machine a few days and teeth can and do get damaged. I understand having to pay for them, but doesn't it make sense to give us a load of spares that we pay for if we use?

OUr grinder goes out with a bucket load of spares when it goes out..

I also dislike paying for sharpening, seems like a bit of a con and should be included in the price of hire IMO.

I agree with you on the sharpening, surely a hire company would have the blade sharpening cost built into the hire charge? The blades are not going to need sharpening after every hire??

I agree that spare teeth going out with the machine is a good idea too, then if one breaks you can change it and carry on.

I havey own chipper and good size grinder so these things don't affect me I am merely contributing my opinion to the topic:)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Thanks for all your feedback guys, Good and bad, as im sure you are aware no company in this business runs 100% perfectly.

Treequip please PM your details and I will put a note on our database that you wish to only receive Emails, hope this is ok for you?

As for blade Re Sharpening costs you will only be billed if there is Excessive wear and tear on the blades, As all machinery from Orange Plant goes out on hire with freshly ground blades it is very obvious when a machine has had material gone through which shouldnt of.

Ben Edmonds, if you require extra teeth when taking a Stump Grinder, this shouldnt of been a problem, I will look into this for you, as I know from when I was a fitter in our Burgess Hill Depot, this was something we did do.

With regards to the Timberwolf to Greenmech change over I Would like to make 1 point extremely clear for everybody, Orange Plant chose to move across to Greenmech for Technical Reasons and also what we feel will be better for our customers going forwards. Whilst im sure there is alot a "Chat" going around the rumour mill, what I have posted here is fact.

Treequip please PM your details and I will put a note on our database that you wish to only receive Emails, hope this is ok for you?

You got that wrong.

I don't want to be on your data base, I asked them to take my details off it.

When I said I didn't mind junk mail, I didn't say I wanted it.

Since my last phone conversation with your rep it has gone to no communication and that's how I like it.

If at any point in the future I want anything, I will be in touch.