Mitox CS36T Top Handle Chainsaw

Neil-R

I was looking at a mitox at the weekend in a stihl dealership. To me it looked and felt plasticky, but maybe its because of its colour.

I am interested in this because i'm after a cheap new saw, to be used on rough stuff so to speak. I have had a mcculloch for god knows how many years and it has never let me down, although its time it was replaaced. I have been looking at a new mac, but just wondered if the mitox was worth a punt.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was looking at a mitox at the weekend in a stihl dealership. To me it looked and felt plasticky, but maybe its because of its colour.

I am interested in this because i'm after a cheap new saw, to be used on rough stuff so to speak. I have had a mcculloch for god knows how many years and it has never let me down, although its time it was replaaced. I have been looking at a new mac, but just wondered if the mitox was worth a punt.

I have a mitox and it dose the job it built for

Maybe the strop could be fitted here?

P1010024.jpg.3332159300e35d863379961411f33ac6.jpg

The primer is prone to being caught by the recoil, and pulled out of the body. Its very easy to replace, but thats not the point.

But with a little attention being paid to starting technique it is easy to pull the recoil at such an angle that it misses the primer.

P1010025.jpg.c47873ea263fa4e7797ccf73fb00ff46.jpg

Let us be fair here.

The Mitox brand was never intended for use by professional users. It is not an alternative to the main Pro user machines and should never be sold as such.

Pro users need Pro saws.

Mitox is however, an excellent alternative to the many domestic brands that are available to domestic users. It is even a viable alternative to the 'domestic' models produced by the major brands.

Do not forget that the many domestic models from major brands are also not suited to pro use.

If a so called "Pro user" decides to opt for a domestic machine then that is his decision, but he should never be "sold" such as saw as being an alternative. It is not.

Horses for courses.

I think domestic users would be better of with an older used pro saw than the likes of these, just my opinion and the advice I would give a friend if asked.

IMO, those with less experience befit more from better gear than the pro who's skill may well enable them to overcome the faults in equipment.

A great idea Skyhuck, but where would the required volume of secondhand pro saws come from to fulfill the domestic market?

And the price is still a lot higher for second hand Stihl and Husqvarna, usually at least twice the Mitox price for something that has been well used. Some Sachs Dolmar and Echo saws sell cheaper but they don't come up that often.