Do we need 35 hours Driver CPC by september???

benedmonds

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pain & a way of extracting further money, my advice would be to do the course & be safe. After September that's all VOSA will be interested in not your driving licence, they will target people with trailers & 7.5 Tonne trucks as they know we will be the ones without training.

I am sitting mine at £35 per session but prices will rocket as more people become aware. What inconvenience will it be to your business if they stop you operating?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

This is a pain & a way of extracting further money, my advice would be to do the course & be safe. After September that's all VOSA will be interested in not your driving licence, they will target people with trailers & 7.5 Tonne trucks as they know we will be the ones without training.

I am sitting mine at £35 per session but prices will rocket as more people become aware. What inconvenience will it be to your business if they stop you operating?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

£35 a session, how many hours does that count as and where? I really should do something about this to keep my PSV useable.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

We have done ours

In reality it is 8hrs per yr

Or at least it would of been if you had not ignored it for the last 5 yrs

One of the days was first aid so 2 birds at one sitting

Pick your units carefully as some are very dull.

Record was 1 guy fell asleep 5 times in the same day

£35 a session, how many hours does that count as and where? I really should do something about this to keep my PSV useable.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

This is for Seven hours of which you must sit Five sessions, mine is very local to me at Silk Willoughby with a company called Willimott Logistics & Training Solutions Ltd, 07557309883. Helpful chap.

• 4 months later...

Using a Landrover and IFW trialer to deliver logs and stoves I have today received this reply from the DSA having laid out exactly what I am doing and the weights involved. I have a max train weight of about 5.2 tonnes.

Thank you for your e-mail dated 1 August regarding Driver CPC.

We can confirm that CPC applies to vehicles in the following categories C1, C1+E, C, C+E and D1, D1+E, D, D+E.

From the information provided below your vehicle is below 3.5 tonnes and if towing a trailer would be driven on a B+E entitlement. A B+E entitlement is outside of the scope of the directive and would not require a CPC even if being driven for hire or reward.

If you have any further queries relating to this matter, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

This is info from the DSA, if anyone wants a copy PM me.

A