Bob Crow.

eggsarascal

I very very nearly did lose my job as a result of Privatisation.

And kept it to get repeatedly kicked in the balls.

resulting in a complete nervous breakdown.

due to entirely work related stress, before it became fashionable.

Nor did I get a cent in compo.

Simply because was I was so dysfunctional as to be unable to argue my case.

And the Union I had joined, Unision was total shite.

Seriously, a useless fat bastard driving round in a 5 series bmw, with office staff who were never there, most of his time on leave, attending a course or conference etc etc.

And who basically ignored my increasingly desperate ph calls.

Until I contacted Head Office in London.

but too late, the harm was done.

That situation has now changed thankfully.

So, sorry eggs, been there an had it done to me.

Edited by difflock

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very very nearly did lose my job as a result of Privatisation.

And kept it to get repeatedly kicked in the balls.

resulting in a complete nervous breakdown.

due to entirely work related stress, before it became fashionable.

Nor did I get a cent in compo.

Simply because was I was so dysfunctional as to be unable to argue my case.

And the Union I had joined, Unision was total shite.

Seriously, a useless fat bastard driving round in a 5 series bmw, with office staff who were never there, most of his time on leave, attending a course or conference etc etc.

And who basically ignored my increasingly desperate ph calls.

Until I contacted Head Office in London.

but too late, the harm was done.

That situation has now changed thankfully.

So, sorry eggs, been there an had it done to me.

Marcus, we get further and further apart the more we post.

You say you have been done over by the company you worked for, to the point of a nervous breakdown that made you that dysfunctional that you could not argue your case. Yet you still hold trade unionism in utter discontent.

I appreciate that there are still many union reps, shop stewards and full timers that are a waste of time, effort and money. But, It ain't like it was in the seventies and eighties, believe me.

Think of it like this. If someone was trying to harm you and yours would you prefer to have a bunch of mates around or be on your own?

Marcus, we get further and further apart the more we post.

You say you have been done over by the company you worked for, to the point of a nervous breakdown that made you that dysfunctional that you could not argue your case. Yet you still hold trade unionism in utter discontent.

I appreciate that there are still many union reps, shop stewards and full timers that are a waste of time, effort and money. But, It ain't like it was in the seventies and eighties, believe me.

Think of it like this. If someone was trying to harm you and yours would you prefer to have a bunch of mates around or be on your own?

Can't argue with that eggs, but according to what I've read, crow always pushed too far did he not. Tube drivers wages going from £20 odd grand to £52k, what was ticket collector gettin?

Can't argue with that eggs, but according to what I've read, crow always pushed too far did he not. Tube drivers wages going from £20 odd grand to £52k, what was ticket collector gettin?

Crow did push hard for His members. I'm not for one minute saying he was always right, but what I am saying is he did the best he could for the people that paid is wages. Ever heard a member of the RMT say he was paid to much?

Not sure what a ticket collector would be paid, but I'd guess £52k a year would just about cover the bills if you lived in London.

Eggs,

No i do not hold trade unionism in utter contempt.

Only certain traits and particular figureheads. (and I had recent dealings with a local GBM rep who is basically a intelligent bully, who will tramp over decent members of other Unions to see his members right, now, how can that be right?)

My particular Union now has 2 passionate, courteous, responsive helpful part time reps.

I wish them well.

My particular misfortune, was I suppose an accident of history, in that a Senior Figure had appointed syncopantic staff to support him, who could not cope without his "leadership" when he retired.

He also, I was reliable informed, by disgruntled older Union members, "schmoozed" the local Union rep with freebies and feeds of meat and drink.

That poison is still lingering.

A terrible pity.

regards,

Marcus.

• 1 month later...
Right Eggs, I have read over this thread again, however briefly.

Per your suggestion.

What 2 questions did I not answer?

regards,

Marcus

Post #29 "did you read my last post"......no answer.

Post #33 "if someone was trying to harm you and yours".....no answer.

Post 29, yes I did read it and effectively replied with my post No31

Post No 33, I take it you meant Post No32.

Depends by what you mean by "mates" and what methods they will use to achieve their essentially selfish ends, dos'nt i:001_huh:t Eggs?

cheers

M

Edited by difflock

Post 29, yes I did read it and effectively replied with my post No31

Post No 33, I take it you meant Post No32.

Depends by what you mean by "mates" and what methods they will use to achieve their essentially selfish ends, dos'nt i:001_huh:t Eggs?

cheers

M

When you say selfish ends, what do you mean?....Is it the working man getting a decent days money for a decent days work?.....Or are you backing big business screwing the working man?

Take a look at Pfizer / AstraZeneca.

'T works both ways, ya know.

And as far as mates go.....I'd have anyone as an ally, if I was being kicked about in the dirt.

Edited by eggsarascal

My difficulty is defining a "decent" wage, and what %age of the workforce should be eligable to earn it.

If by what I understand you to mean a decent wage, is one that allows for an affluent lifestyle.

Not everyone can earn it.

because then the essentially non-skilled /low paid jobs would become too well paid.

So services would cost more as a result

Which results in nett inflation.

Simple economics at work.

The underlying problem in all Societies is mostly everyone attempting to live beyond their means.

Which became much easier with easy credit/credit cards, and the pernicious influence of television.

regards,

Marcus