The LEGACY Tether

Hi all

So I've been busy and thinking really hard! About the tethers for the wrench and asking myself hundreds of questions about what I want in a tether?!! How to do I want the tether act?!! How long should it be lasting?! And most of all and more importantly what do you guys want out of a tether?

The old stitched single leg and double legged tether are great but didn't offer long term use! Getting the rope to act they way I wanted to was near on impossible! Without a machine, Stretch, twisting and uv light was all major issues!! Not to mention the time and effort it takes to knock one up!!

So back to the drawing board I went!! And with a little help from a few other climbers we came up with these.

4mm saged wire with thimbles, professionally machine pressed loops that are near on as strong as the cable itself.

Getting all the components together was a bit of a mission, but after a few trial and errors we've made what's proving to be winning combination of flex, stiffness, hardwearing durability, long lasting, strong and most importantly easy to make (well for me anyway lol)

The tethers them selfs are 10" long and I don't recommend a hitch cord longer than 75cm, there might be a slight chance they could come in other lengths but I'm not sure yet! As I've thought about them in use with the ZK2 and do recommend they are used with that and not the ZK1 although with modding them it will work!! but as the ZK2 is the more popular I won't be taking the size difference in the 2 into consideration.

They will also be supplied with 2 rubber washers and a rubber Grommet to fit the over the wrench spacer for added stiffness but mainly protection.

So what do you all think? Questions and critisium all welcome :)

Adam ImageUploadedByArbtalk1394033735.232757.jpg.d15f22824d3c371803a817b9b6f812a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1394033703.737656.jpg.a47968d315c77e5b1fa94702a82571e5.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1394033603.704155.jpg.de5bc4cee6394a906ead8e313d66ab6b.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1394033560.061064.jpg.98277bbfe9123a15a0e0bb859efeeef6.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1394033517.746651.jpg.78f82bdf305c584250752ffd8f4263f9.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1394033474.107339.jpg.6062bfc45d681be946d3d8d4d8703ef3.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1394033436.510329.jpg.77ba09817c5e67d904e7c2581b76fe83.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you get the time between tree work and Arbtalk?!

Looking good though mate, SRT is on my list of things to try this year.

How much will they be going for?

You mean between work, Arbtalk, 4 kids, UKTT, traveling, and darts??:D

I have a lot of late nights and a very cool and understanding fiancée mate :)

Thanks though, the original (I'll put a photo up in a bit) was used solid for 20 weeks and although not a patch on the new look still lived up to its expectations!! It's getting there slowly but will hopefully have the finished product out by the end of this month!! Retail price is in the think tank!! I'm trying to keep it as low as possible for you guys :)

You mean between work, Arbtalk, 4 kids, UKTT, traveling, and darts??:D

Show off :P

Good on you though, I'll order one once I've got a wrench to use it with!

I don't think people mind paying decent money for a decent product. Hope this venture goes well!

Hey Adam, I know a way to free up time. ;) I'm getting mine off dan tomorrow evening so I'll have a look over it and give you a non climb feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just you take it easy mate! You know how much I value your opinion, but just rest up so we can get you back in the saddle bro :)

So Adam sent my commercial sample and it arrived yesterday afternoon when I got home from work :)

Firstly, I was really impressed with how compact it is! I Climbed on it all day today in a big spready oak tree. Overall I am really impressed with the tether mate! Its very springy and responsive when tending slack and pings the wrench back up to the engaged position. It is also really narrow at the attachment points which is great as it allows the biner to be less cramped. Great idea on the rubbers and grommet for the wrench attachment end.:thumbup: You must have been a genius to come up with that :sneaky2:

All in all I give it a 8.5/10..... so far. Thats pretty good after one climb in my book. Minus 1 because I cant comment on the longevity yet. But it looks like it will last well! and minus 0.5 for the inverting (it doesn't really invert) but I like my tether to engage really quickly because i run a really short hitch. If the wrench is only half engaged it can make the hitch bind a touch....but that is a personal preference thing rather than a flaw with the tether.

Great work mate. Looking forward to updating as I get to use it more!!:thumbup::thumbup1:

Just you take it easy mate! You know how much I value your opinion, but just rest up so we can get you back in the saddle bro :)

Seconded!!! Chill Ian!:thumbup1: