2014 550xpg or 560xpg

jnoon

Met someone recently who runs a 2012 560XPG on 13" with 8-sprocket. Uses it for conifers and reckons it flies through everything. Asked about break-bands and he replied about 8mths each but he carries a spare as standard. I suspect the kind of person he is, he'd use the break often but he also tends to run the saw to a halt on the wood, so wear is minimised.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told by my local dealer that the 555 is same saw as a 560 but tuned less on the chip, slight power difference. I asked why it can't be retuned by as they have all the Husky electronic gear (which apparently has never been used in anger) to which I was told that the tuning software is serial no specific, so will only work to factory default power settings?

I did seriously consider getting the 560xpg but decided if I need a bigger saw/bar then I'd want something for tackling big trees & Alaskan milling....ie, a lot bigger than the 560.

I went for the 550xpg and have no regrets whatsoever (15" & 18" bars).

Definitely get heated handles; others have regretted not doing this.

Cheers, steve

If the 555 is lacking rev boost I would not tempted at all ,having spent 2 days snedding and cross cutting with a 357 I would gladly buy another 560 and can't wait to get mine sorted ! After two years using one you forget just how good the rev boost is ! I never saw the point in 50 cc saws though I had a 346 and used 260's and would kill them working !! rather swing a 60cc saw all day and have the extra power and not have to push it to its limits all the time.. I'm also regret buying a 372 miss the extra grunt saws like the ms460 offer for a little bit more weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

If the 555 is lacking rev boost I would not tempted at all ,having spent 2 days snedding and cross cutting with a 357 I would gladly buy another 560 and can't wait to get mine sorted ! After two years using one you forget just how good the rev boost is ! I never saw the point in 50 cc saws though I had a 346 and used 260's and would kill them working !! rather swing a 60cc saw all day and have the extra power and not have to push it to its limits all the time.. I'm also regret buying a 372 miss the extra grunt saws like the ms460 offer for a little bit more weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

HI MATTY did you buy a 560xp and what are they like on a 18" as loads of members run them on 15" thanks jon :thumbup:

I have both bought the 550 first and run a 15" bar but wanted a bigger saw so got a 560 on an 18" bar and since getting the 560 the 550 has spent most of its time under the bench relegated to spare saw status. The 560 just has much more go and isn't that much heavier so if I had to pick one I'd go for a 560 every time

Met someone recently who runs a 2012 560XPG on 13" with 8-sprocket. Uses it for conifers and reckons it flies through everything. Asked about break-bands and he replied about 8mths each but he carries a spare as standard. I suspect the kind of person he is, he'd use the break often but he also tends to run the saw to a halt on the wood, so wear is minimised.

A 560 on a 13" holly smoke that's must cut ridiculously fast

I have both bought the 550 first and run a 15" bar but wanted a bigger saw so got a 560 on an 18" bar and since getting the 560 the 550 has spent most of its time under the bench relegated to spare saw status. The 560 just has much more go and isn't that much heavier so if I had to pick one I'd go for a 560 every time

I loved my old 560 when it did go for all of 5 minutes however it's a bit heavier and does take it's till after a long day on the saws