makita chainsaws

John Shutler

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whos used them,what are peoples views on them.ive used the dcs5000 and thought it to be a very good saw.

If your going to go for a chainsaw other than Stihl or Husky it has to be Jonsered. Jonsered are the only serious chainsaw makers outwith the Stihl/Husky stranglehold.

I've used Dolmar - Junk.

Makita had a 4 stroke saw in the pipeline recently-- has anyone heard any more about it??

http://www.forestmachinejournal.com/PDFfiles/ChainsawsOCT2006.pdf

all main dealers have been there went to a stihl repair course about 7 years ago and stihl had one there but i believe it was all down to reducing emmissions and they seem to have done it with new petrol tather than the saws i believe

all main dealers have been there went to a stihl repair course about 7 years ago and stihl had one there but i believe it was all down to reducing emmissions and they seem to have done it with new petrol tather than the saws i believe

Stihl told me they were unsuccesfull at producing a productive 4 stroke saw, due to there being 4 cycles which made performance disappointing, as the saw would be under high load during more none power producing cycles (if that makes sense).

4 stroke hedgecutter are possible due to the reciprocating action and gearing. And blowers due to the low loads on the fan, and certain strimmers.

They said they had no plans to produce a 4 stroke saw now, as with better 2 stroke technology coming through like piezo elctric carburettors, accelerator pumps on carbs, and better scavenging/stratified porting and catalytic converters.