Genius or Nutter? LOL!!!

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely blinkin bonkers :lol:

Now we all know it's fooling around and stuff but full rpm while running between stems was a bit ott. Did me make me really :lol: tho and thought hey fisa get a load of this!

But if all his cutters are the same length and he understands how this changes the vibration rating of the saw then he would at least get an A for the maintenance section.

Although its extreme this is whats its like in hardcore forestry. you could tell by him he knows exactly what he is doing, his speed of thought is good,although, obviously he knows its on film and he is out to impress. just goes to show the man behind the saw is more of importance than what make or model he is using. i like his work ethic too.

im with grahams first page post - snedding.... excellent stunt felling.

chain brake non existant but would presume was carmera stunt - and yeah stups are high - if he was I i would have switched to US style undergob.

Edited by ShooTa

The stumps weren't that high, certainly compared to harvester sites.

I wonder what difference financially an extra 6" or so on the stump would make, on softwoods.

Anyone know?

I don't think any forwarder drivers will be worrying about high stumps on that site....

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The stumps weren't that high, certainly compared to harvester sites.

I wonder what difference financially an extra 6" or so on the stump would make, on softwoods.

Anyone know?

I don't think any forwarder drivers will be worrying about high stumps on that site....

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It would hardly make much difference at all really Mark.these trees will now be winched up to the roadside landing and processed by harvester and forwarded from there, so no forwarding over his stumps, thats why he is not fussy if his stumps are a bit high, my guess he knows his stumps are a bit on the high side but in order to get the trees to the ground quicker he has cut them a bit higher to increase the number of felled trees. cheers.:001_rolleyes: