Pathetic customers

Shane

Well - I witnessed a new level of narrow mindedness today.:sneaky2:

Did various bits for an established customer including the removal of a cordyline.

As we were taking it down the neighbour came out and asked what we were doing with the 'logs'.

We told him they are not highly favoured for burning and at the moment are soaking wet, by the time they dry out they'd go up like tissue paper.

He said he would still like them - so we cut them into lengths (that is the only stuff the chipper doesn't really like) and smiled to ourselves.

A few minutes later our customer came out and asked why we bothered cutting up the cordyline. When we told him the guy next door wanted it he turned into an alien!

He said 'No, I'll have them, HE's not having anything of mine!'

We explained that they are not good for logs but he insisted.

He and his wife carried them into the back of the garden saying loudly

'Absolutely no way is he getting these'

The neighbour had gone out by this point so I don't know what happened later.

Just amazed that a saddo would rather keep a pile of shite than let his neighbour have it.:confused1::confused1:

Can't complain, he paid up and we only had a few leaves to take away.:thumbup:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was filmed once.camera on a tripod,the whole lot.wasn't a huge tree,ash I think,but it was for the duration.one of the larger limbs was overhanging their greenhouse and there was a propper war going on.I knew what they wanted but I had it down in three hours.

I normally ask what the neighbours are like particularly when we are fencing.that can be a real nightmare and best avoided.

Looked at a big windblown the other day.only access was a shared driveway in despute.double yellows on the street.put in a big price and hope I don't get it.

Job last week off a lady whos son goes to school with my boys. Basically wanted a Silver Birch removing-even tho she had been coerced into it by 2 neighbours! Gave the Birch a prune instead and one of said neighbours appeared...proceeded to ask"isnt it coming out"?,will it still grow?"im allergic to the pollen was my favourite..all to try and bully her neighbour into removing her OWN tree!

Job last week off a lady whos son goes to school with my boys. Basically wanted a Silver Birch removing-even tho she had been coerced into it by 2 neighbours! Gave the Birch a prune instead and one of said neighbours appeared...proceeded to ask"isnt it coming out"?,will it still grow?"im allergic to the pollen was my favourite..all to try and bully her neighbour into removing her OWN tree!

Should have said you'll drop some piriteze on the ground near the roots to stop it being an allergen.

a long time customer of mine was asked by his new neighbour to top some of his lawsons, he politely declined. a month later he got a letter from his nieghbours solicitor explaining that the neighbours daughters education was being compromised because she couldn't get the educational programmes via the satellite dish. we went round and saw the neighbours wife. the satellite dish was over the kitchen window at about 8'. we suggested that they raise the dish, clear shot at the sky, no more problem. the lady looked at us and then said, well, you only need to take off about 4'. we turned and left. some people are a waste of breath...