Anyone got any news on the 660/661 front?

jamesd

Bit boring but what about spares - the MS660 shares a fair bit with MS650, 066, 046, MS460 etc - what about spares for the saw they have sold a handful of and then recalled for some:confused1:reason - my worry would be that they will make some big changes and spares would be impossible to get:thumbdown:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit boring but what about spares - the MS660 shares a fair bit with MS650, 066, 046, MS460 etc - what about spares for the saw they have sold a handful of and then recalled for some:confused1:reason - my worry would be that they will make some big changes and spares would be impossible to get:thumbdown:

Thats a good point i think i'll still try and get a 660 then. Most people say it is a good reliable saw. But its getting hold of a new one that is such a pain at the moment.

I've had a 661 since they first appeared last September/October and after hearing they'd been 'recalled', enquired with Stihl. . ..this was their reply;

Thank you for your enquiry below, I apologise for the delay in my response.

The MS661 C Chainsaw was recently introduced to the GB Market, which was developed and produced with the utmost care. Despite this care, in-house quality tests have revealed few examples of malfunctioning engines in our first production run and very small number of cases have occurred in actual use. These problems specifically relate to the satisfactory performance of the engine. I must stress that it is not a recall.

STIHL is synonymous with quality and the complete satisfaction of our customers will always be our top priority. It is with this in mind we have stopped producing this model at this time.

If your machines have been running without issue, there should not be a problem with your MS661’s in use. However should you have encountered running problems from the outset, please refer to your local Dealer who will assess the item and seek our advice.

I trust this clarifies your enquiry, however should you have any further concerns you wish to discuss please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Claire Wells

Customer Relations Advisor

A: ANDREAS STIHL LIMITED, Stihl House, Stanhope Road, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3YT.

E: [email protected] W: STIHL | Stihl, Viking, chainsaws, brushcutters, hedge trimmers, clearing saws, high-pressure cleaners, lawn mowers, trimmers VIKING homepage | VIKING | Viking lawn mowers, lawn tractors, shredders, tillers, petrol lawn mowers, electric lawn mowers, ride-on lawn mowers, accessories

T: 01276 417678 F: 01276 670502

In short the saw is a monster and much more refined than the 660 which is an excellent saw. Been running 20", 25", 30" & 36" and it's a pleasure to use. Personally I'd wait and get the 661 . ..:thumbup:

I've had a 661 since they first appeared last September/October and after hearing they'd been 'recalled', enquired with Stihl. . ..this was their reply;

In short the saw is a monster and much more refined than the 660 which is an excellent saw. Been running 20", 25", 30" & 36" and it's a pleasure to use. Personally I'd wait and get the 661 . ..:thumbup:

HI TAPIO MY 661 was so called ok when it back to still germany BUT THEY WOULD NOT SALE IT TO ME THATS JUST MAD IF THE SAW OK BUT THE WEEKS LATER I COULD OF HAD A NEW 661 OFF A DEALER STIHL DID NOT TELL ME THIS OWELL THERE LOST NOT MY ONE THANKS TAPIO THEY TOLD CUSTOMERS LOTS OF THINGS TO BUT IM NOT GOING INTO THAT THANKS JON :thumbup:

I agree Jon they've made a mess of the whole situation and on top of the 201 and 261 initial problems they're really not boxing clever:thumbdown:.

My 661 is still an ace saw though . . .:thumbup:

HI MATE i could tell you it a mess up all right:lol: people still waiting for 660 better off with a 461 on a 20/25 thanks jon