261 or 362??

Pooh sticks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in the profession just like to have nice kit, I use my saw every weekend and am going to buy a new saw, I have recently been thinking about a 362 but a local supplier said that it's a heavy and unbalanced, and pushed me towards a 261 any advice on either??

Is your local supplier Stihl only ? If he is Husky as well check out the 550 or 560 saws ...........:001_smile:

Your local dealer sounds like a ponce. 'Too fast for you, have a hobby saw instead'

Ok, I know the 261 is supposed to be pro, but the 362 is a far better bet, much more of a proper saw. I love the 251 for the price and weight, and the 362 for the same. The 261 is just a tranny saw stuck in no-mans-land! :lol:

A 362 will fly with a 13" bar on a 9t sprocket for small stuff and will take a 20" bar on a 7t for big stuff occasionally. Really good all rounder.

I'd go Husky all the way now, the new Stihl stuff seems a bit pants. Stripped a 261 and there's bits of it that are almost impossible to take apart without special tools. My old MS260 has been brilliant and I'd never trade it in for a new one. Unless it was a Husky!!!!

Got a T540 XP bit strange when you first start it up but just ooozes quality once its warmed up.