Helmet communcations

Ecleverdon

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What brand and model number are they do they work on vox or ptt? I like the idea just looking at the details. A mate if mine put a small iPod thingy in his helmet with speakers in the ears.

neither you press a button on the unit and both people talk just like a normal conversation

the brand is vnetphone model v2-500 just look on ebay they are the basic cheap ones

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Arbtalk mobile app

we have a similiar set up but it uses radios which makes them a bit of a pain with wire and having to have a radio on you. Do these not require any radio?

Make a job so much easier though. everyone knows what is going on and saves so much time not waiting for people to come back round from chipping up. They are great when rigging.

the thing i would do slighty differenet is where you have the wire coming between the ear muff and the user i would put that behind the ear muff with a small hole in the outer casing of the ear defender but thats because i have a skin problem and the wire would irritate it.

You've got me thinking here. I love your idea for tree work and would have done the same already if I was a tree surgeon.

We do site clearance work, all our helmets have 3.5mm inputs for mp3 players/phones already. We use radios but the quality is rubbish and I would have to do a lot of fiddling to plumb them into the helmet (poles the wrong way around) or buy a whole new set of non-binatone radios.

I've just realised that the most cost effective thing for me would be to set both our phones to auto answer, and a speedial key for each other.

So dial your mate, the music from both phones stops automatically for the call, you hear the other guy and can talk normally. Hang up with the push button on the clip on mic, carry on. Want to redial? Push button mic twice and you'll call the last person- your mate!

We're on GiffGaff, and it's free to call each other. Result.

Sometimes I just can't see the wood for the trees!

the thing i would do slighty differenet is where you have the wire coming between the ear muff and the user i would put that behind the ear muff with a small hole in the outer casing of the ear defender but thats because i have a skin problem and the wire would irritate it.

ive already made that modification just lifted the hygine kit and made a small hole so that it slots in

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Arbtalk mobile app