Vallorbe or Oregon files ?

ally

save edge then vallorb then dont bother/ish with the others lol i await the debate chringe >>> rob Chainsawbars ? chainsaw chains, chainsaw bars and chainsaw accessories does a good job info/advice theres quite a few posts regarding file choices here on arbtalk

also read somewhere to rub chalk on your files it stops them from clogging or holding the filings.I,ve not tried it myself yet maybe old wives talking etc

Edited by predator

i dont agree its black n white between them save edge and oregon i have found in the past and all depends on chain choice you could,nt hold a oregon near a save edge oregon,s held up to the sunlight have dulled very quickly on full chisel chain and worse if the chain has been ground etc where the save edge is very good/quick to recover a full chisel oregon chain thats been mullered on a lump of nail/screw drainpipe stone etc etc as i only get domestic arbwaste its a killer somedays i,am on my last loop of full chisel and very very tempted to order semi chisel loops this time as stated in other posts semi chisel reports are they hold there edge longer and as i,am chomping through dirty domestic wood i,am now leaning to use semi chisel we never stop learning i just hope the vibes are less too as it does get to me the tingles etc