Navara D40 Owners

Daniel Jiggins

Mileage/hours these days I find irrelevant personally. Careful lady owner etc. Can mean its a lethargic troublesome motor. Diesel engines tend to go to the scrapyard in good working order with plenty of life in them. I'd buy on its real condition. i.e not blacked up tyres etc. UJs etc should be getting cheaper now that its 5 years old model.

Thats my thoughts. I'd buy high high mileage, as like you. I rarely do 12k per year. It will bring the average down for when you resell.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a D40 Tekna Connect. Been a great truck, done 39k in 3 and a bit years.

Only problems I have had have been foxes chewing threw the ABS sensor cable (3 times).

I am not as long as you but at 6'4" it is plenty comfy for me and no bother with two kid seat in the back for long journey's.

£260 odd just for the part. Ouch

Yeah I know mate... first one was fixed by Nissan Main Dealer for 260 plus labour. That failed and they replaced under warranty.

The last time it happened I got one on ebay for about 130 and paid a local garage to fit it. During the course of fitting the mechanic snapped the bolt of the supposedly replaced one... had to retap and fit.

In his opinion, Nissan had ripped me off as the part that supposedly was replaced didn't look like it had been removed at all.

If it happens by a grey import from Nissan Asia of ebay, not a problem since I fitted it and reinforced the line with a length of hose and gaffer tape. ;)

A mates got an Adventura 08 plate never worked used as a car but done 113k miles only selling as he getting a company truck. Can get it half the price of a. 59 plate tekna with 70,000

Should I be put off by the mileage? I only do abt. 8,000 miles year.

I had a 55 plate d40 and did 168,000 in it. The only things i had to replace was a clutch (under warranty at 59k) and a front propshaft uj!

I sold it last year and really miss it. I had an l200 straight after it and hated it... Plasticy inside, couldn't handle a bit of weight in the back, and was made of tinfoil!

Now got a disco but just ordered a brand spanking new tekna! Will be here first week of march. Theres some great deals on new ones at the moment!

I had a 55 plate d40 and did 168,000 in it. The only things i had to replace was a clutch (under warranty at 59k) and a front propshaft uj!

I sold it last year and really miss it. I had an l200 straight after it and hated it... Plasticy inside, couldn't handle a bit of weight in the back, and was made of tinfoil!

Now got a disco but just ordered a brand spanking new tekna! Will be here first week of march. Theres some great deals on new ones at the moment!

I'm looking at a new Tekna can I ask what sort of deal you got?

That's reassuring to know thanks.

It's a never ending debate as, like all vehicles, you get good and bad. As I said, had mine over 4 years and drive loads of vehicles. I'm yet to find a pickup that handles as well and cruises down the motorway with such ease. Used to drive an 04 reg Ranger and it was like a ship in a storm. Navara wise, you'll get a good or a bad one like with any vehicle. Mine went not because if it's lack of ability, I just found it too nice to be spilling chain oil in and spraying with wood chip. Something to consider if you want a work vehicle. It will work, but that shiny metallic paint won't be shiny for too long :/