looking at going self employed

desired_affect

Im looking at registering as self employed, I done a very brief bit on it at college but since then it has all left my head:scared1:.

I understand you have to ring up and register your business to start with and a accountant is needed, I know this is barely scratching the surface and would appreciate any help.

get in touch with Hmrc, the inland revenue, find an accountant

take a trip to the blarny stone, Oh yeah & then most importantly God I'd ask him very very nicely to help ...

then I'd think it all over & double check , this could be one of THE worst years on record to start a business .

But GOOD LUCK

then I'd think it all over & double check , this could be one of THE worst years on record to start a business .

But GOOD LUCK

Your not wrong there Yorkshireman:thumbdown: it's not looking good, 2-3 jobs a week if i'm lucky. However i won't lower my day rate for anyone as it's pretty low allready.

Go for it! in a way it has worked out better for me. I work as a subby climber for two firms, and by doing this i manage to fill out my week. Ringing around few firms have the work to take on staff full time but are more inclined to offer a couple of days a week, if you can get on with a couple of outfits you may find that there is better chance of regular work than setting up your own buisness from scratch. :001_smile:

Go for it! in a way it has worked out better for me. I work as a subby climber for two firms, and by doing this i manage to fill out my week. Ringing around few firms have the work to take on staff full time but are more inclined to offer a couple of days a week, if you can get on with a couple of outfits you may find that there is better chance of regular work than setting up your own buisness from scratch. :001_smile:

This is what i plan to do, seems like the only way to keep a fairly busy week going and like you say build up a business slowly from scratch.:001_smile:

I would also say if you go as a subbie climber you need to be prietty good and hard working as you rely on repeat custom, then there is all the kit, loler inspections, diesel, vehicle costs,kit repairs, oh nearly forgot Insurance to consider. if you have a job i would surgest sticking with it for a year or two and wait for things to pick up a bit, experiance is the key in this job and if you do have a go on your own research it first and dont go in blind because you wont last long if you do.

Good luck