The Mower Bench

GardenKit

Engine to Deck Spacers?

The blade holding disc assembly is finished on a Rover esxl.Trying blade adaptors with standard type blades (not the disc setup) the blades are sitting beneath the deck skirt. What spacers do you use to raise the engine to avoid this? Bought?Home made?Or is there a very short blade adaptor?

Cheers

Ps are these disc assemblies for Rovers still available? Would need the boss adaptor part replaced too.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Arbtalk mobile app

A link to some Rover IPL's

Buy Parts - Powertool Spares

Spares can be obtained from powertoolspares, GHS or Midland Power amongst others.

I keep away from bodgifying kit as it no longer complies to the CE plate and as such if any accident were to occur the blame would sit on my shoulders. A risk not worth taking to help a customer out. Fine if it is for your own use though, if done properly.

Yamaha ylm342.Anybody got a parts list?/service manual link? First ever yamaha. Starter pawls are not engaging.if they are broken off its a very clean job.Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Arbtalk mobile app

Contact Carters Of Swanwick in Southampton they have stock of parts and parts lists.

tel 01489 575242

You will need S/N or year of manufacture.

Hi guys I have just bought a honda powered toro 21 inch super bagger to replace my old mountfield monarch 21(vanguard engine).The toro copes with short dry gras fine but any dampness or medium length grass will choke it. Looking underneath the air paddles on the blade are halfway out the blade instead of being at the outer edge as the monarch. The result of this seems to be less air to blow the grass into the bag so it chokes or only half fills the bag. Can you suggest a remedy for this or am I stuck with it. I read several reviews and everyone seemed to love it including my dealer. My old mountfield would outcut it on 1/2 throttle.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread has been a bit quiet of late, so time for a 'bump'

We are usually a bit quiet on repair work at this time of year, but this season has gone crazy, so not much free time for posting.

Most of the work is pretty boring though and unworthy of sharing on this thread anyway.

However this one made us chuckle.

A guy brings in his 6 month old ALKO 42cm push mower with 3.5hp Briggs engine.

Him " its not very old but it has started smoking big style, fills the garden with smoke, not very impressed"

Me "when did this start?"

Him "after I topped up the oil"

Me "Oh, I am surprised it needed topping up, how low was it?"

Him " I have no idea, just thought it may need some so I put half a (litre) bottle in."

So I dipped it. The level is usually about 12mm up the stick, this was 45mm!!

I drained it down and ran it for 20 minutes to 'burn out' and its fine now.

Some folk are just programmed differently I guess.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This season is crazy!!!

These have all come in in the last few days, we would normally only have 2 or 3 on site at this time of year.

Also loads of brushcutters and hedgetrimmers, but not many saws.

I had best get off the computer and start work.:001_rolleyes:

P1010229.jpg.4f71fc8a4e9e5066defeda3dd0c39020.jpg

One of the Deere mowers in the previous picture had slowly lost power over 10 minutes use, eventually dying completely. The engine is a Briggs 3100 series 19.5hp single pot.

It then would not turn over more than half a turn on the starter before coming to what seemed like a compression stop. Turning the engine by hand could achieve a full revolution, but with effort.

A swift removal of the rocker cover revealed the problem. The rocker arm post of the inlet valve had come undone by about 3 threads, so the inlet valve was not opening.

What I had thought was a 'compression lock' was in fact a 'vacuum lock'. No air could get into the cylinder so the piston could not be drawn down.

Simply tightening the post, refitting the valve stem cap and adjusting the valves had the engine going again in no time.

P1010235.jpg.42a8f102019ce60f9a306f504116fcef.jpg

P1010234.jpg.b5d3f0cdd2c97bb66c455f6662a1db05.jpg