The Mower Bench

GardenKit

• 3 weeks later...

This lot are on my Bench today , all jet washed (only jet wash under the decks, i keep away from bearings and gearboxes) and painted red oxide on the Steel decks .

One would say why so many mowers ..... over the years i have spent many hours before and after work fixing mowers that have let me down but these days i just shove it in the shed (fix when i am not busy) and out comes another , time with kids is more important after work.

I have tried them all and the most user friendly and cheapest to repair/simplicity is the 4 wheel Viking .Also this year is the first without ordering any cables and i have put this down to NOT using WD40 but using a traditional oil can mixed with engine oil and diesel has wd40 dries out .

Being a one band outfit my Mowers last for years has i dont have to worry about Staff slamming them down getting them out of the van .

There is a Flail mower and Finishing mower for my compact tractor so i have everything covered job wise , not forgetting my 20 odd year old Westwood ride on .

[ATTACH]196789[/ATTACH]

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID

This lot are on my Bench today , all jet washed (only jet wash under the decks, i keep away from bearings and gearboxes) and painted red oxide on the Steel decks .

One would say why so many mowers ..... over the years i have spent many hours before and after work fixing mowers that have let me down but these days i just shove it in the shed (fix when i am not busy) and out comes another , time with kids is more important after work.

I have tried them all and the most user friendly and cheapest to repair/simplicity is the 4 wheel Viking .Also this year is the first without ordering any cables and i have put this down to NOT using WD40 but using a traditional oil can mixed with engine oil and diesel has wd40 dries out .

Being a one band outfit my Mowers last for years has i dont have to worry about Staff slamming them down getting them out of the van .

There is a Flail mower and Finishing mower for my compact tractor so i have everything covered job wise , not forgetting my 20 odd year old Westwood ride on .

[ATTACH]196789[/ATTACH]

Ste

They soon add up as well if you only buy 1 a year it adds up I've added 4 this last year. Having spare mowers is great. I carry 2 on the truck and if 1 breaks either use the other or at worst go and swop if the spare on truck is wrong for the job.

I only travel a maximum of 5 miles from home anyway.

during the grass cutting season I have two rover mowers in the van for 90% of my customers, a Hater Harrier for a few picky customers and a Bolans mulching mower for those who want the grass cut weekly. I have a few customers with gardens big enough for a ride-on but they don't like the finish so I just use the Rovers and take twice as long which suits as I charge by the hour for grass cutting.:thumbup1:

during the grass cutting season I have two rover mowers in the van for 90% of my customers, a Hater Harrier for a few picky customers and a Bolans mulching mower for those who want the grass cut weekly. I have a few customers with gardens big enough for a ride-on but they don't like the finish so I just use the Rovers and take twice as long which suits as I charge by the hour for grass cutting.:thumbup1:

Why don't they like a ride on mowers finish?