Tacograph for vehicles over 3.5T gross weight

Tomatin Firewood

I've been quoted £1200 to retrofit one and calibrate it, if purchased new with the vehicle they only add £500 to the cost. As there are few 3.5 tonne gross trucks out there fitted with tachos it is worth bearing in mind, £1200 spent on a £7000 value vehicle verses going new.

Another one for you to think about.... If you order new vehicle with tacho, it will be digital (driver digi card required!)

Retro fit use can still have analogue

Glad I'm not just starting!!!!!!

Another one for you to think about.... If you order new vehicle with tacho, it will be digital (driver digi card required!)

Retro fit use can still have analogue

Not if you retro fit to a post 2006 vehuicle, it has to be digital

Glad I'm not just starting!!!!!!

I guess all younger generation grow into accepting the new rules it's just us with grandfather rights that see it as difficult rather than just another business expense that has to be allowed for.

I was staggered when contractors half my age were investing in £100,000 harvesters but there's no going back to the motor manual methods we used now (even though the hardwood forests will never be as good as a result)

Not if you retro fit to a post 2006 vehuicle, it has to be digital

I guess all younger generation grow into accepting the new rules it's just us with grandfather rights that see it as difficult rather than just another business expense that has to be allowed for.

I was staggered when contractors half my age were investing in £100,000 harvesters but there's no going back to the motor manual methods we used now (even though the hardwood forests will never be as good as a result)

Can you imagine the wall of rules! It must seem a nightmare for the ones just starting in anything with decent weighted vehicles.... Its bad enough keeping ahead with each one has it appears.....

I take my hat (off my nearly bald) head to any of the guys seriously trying hard and not just avoiding the minefield.:thumbup1:

A mog and chipper is not exempt and requires a tacho, as someone I know found out!

Actually that point is arguable, as I understand it a driver taking plant to site and the using that plant on site as long as its within 30 miles of base is exempt. If he/she is not the operator of the plant then its tacho needed.

A