Some clients! Grrrrrr!

pence162no

I was working for a very well-to-do couple today.

To set the scene, it was on top the cliffs overlooking the channel with absolutely no cover from the pouring rain and howling wind.

At regular intervals the couple would come out under an umbrella to add a few 'extras' to the job, and to check the quality of our work (which is always A1). Then they'd complain about the weather and head back inside to sit next to their open fire. We had one tea break at breakfast for 10mins and a 20min one for lunch, which the guy must have misunderstood as a chance for him to walk us round adding more work to our already wet day.

As we were clearing up at the end of the day the man came to me and said "You look wet. Never mind, you can have a nice hot cup of coffee... when you get home!"

What is it with some people? I could never watch some poor guys slogging it out in the pouring rain without at least offering them a coffee!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol.

Sorry but I had to laugh at that, the last line " You look wet. Never mind, you can have a nice hot cup of coffee... when you get home!""was a corker! :ohmy:

Hope they paid you for the extra's!

Yeah, I laughed.... then nearly chipped his umbrella! :mad1:

I did a job the other day where a neighbour asked if I'd look at a branch on his tree which was hung up. At the end of the day we went down there and had a look. I told him I would'nt have time to climb it there and then but I'd have a go snagging it with a throwline to save him a few quid but no promises that it'd come down. After a couple of goes I got it snagged and tried pulling it from various directions untill eventyally it came free. The whole job had taken less than half an hour and if it had been a little old lady I'd have done it for free, but seing as this guy was living in a house that was worth at least £2,000,000 when he asked how much i wanted I said "what are you going to give me?" in a friendly sort of way thinking a 20 quid between the lads would be ok.

"How about a fiver" he said!!

Thats how you get a £2m house in the first place.:sad:

I did a job the other day where a neighbour asked if I'd look at a branch on his tree which was hung up. At the end of the day we went down there and had a look. I told him I would'nt have time to climb it there and then but I'd have a go snagging it with a throwline to save him a few quid but no promises that it'd come down. After a couple of goes I got it snagged and tried pulling it from various directions untill eventyally it came free. The whole job had taken less than half an hour and if it had been a little old lady I'd have done it for free, but seing as this guy was living in a house that was worth at least £2,000,000 when he asked how much i wanted I said "what are you going to give me?" in a friendly sort of way thinking a 20 quid between the lads would be ok.

"How about a fiver" he said!!

Thats how you get a £2m house in the first place.:sad:

They're all the same!

This guy also asked if we had any hardwood logs we didn't want. When I told him they're £90 a load, he lost interest and told us to leave the pine cord we were chipping. He wanted everything that 3" diameter or larger. 3"! :cursing: