All too late?

armybloke

welsh is my local and mmmmmmmmm good

the feral book i believe the author quotes something along the lines that sheep are the cockroaches of the land.

as for more forests yes - if we could have enough trainee coppicers/foresters to maintain the woods rather than machinery - more employment, less flooding AND getting rid of wheat for sheep fields makes much more sense - because lazy ppl eat more bread/carbs and become fat - triple whammy less fat ppl./

most of the flooding problems are a lot simpler to explain than the above,

1. for years EPA employed folk for waterway management, IE clearing out watercourses and managing the river systems, suddenly this was considered not envioromently frendly

2. money grabing local authourites decided it was good to build on flood plains

3. add unmannaged watercourses silting up and no flood pain to carry the overspill and what do you get?......large areas of built up area feet deep in water.

there's a good reason the old timers built on hills and elevated land, water doesnt flow up hill. anyone who buys a property on some area that is obviously low lying or right on the bank of a river" cos the views nice" deserve everything they get. comes back to the old phrase" not got the sense they were born with" R.I.P. common sense in the UK

Pretty much what I was going to say, I'm all for planting more trees, the deforestation of the uplands and other areas, removal of hedges etc was mostly carried out during WW2 to increase food production to stop the country from starving, everyone seems to forget we are an island when they start farmer bashing, the idea of agroforestry has been floated again recently allowing you to get two crops from the same ground and would also help with the water problem, although a quicker solution would be to stop concreting and tarmaccing everywhere creating water catchment areas where there is not sufficent drainage.

Im pretty sure those ideas have come from a book I'm reading called "feral" by George monbiot and it's giving this argument to re wilding Britain... I quite like the idea tbh.

Just one little problem: how do you reduce the population to around 10,000,000 to enable its sustainability?

If the answer to the question is George Monbiot, you are not asking the right question!

Just one little problem: how do you reduce the population to around 10,000,000 to enable its sustainability?

If the answer to the question is George Monbiot, you are not asking the right question!

Remove warning/h&s labels from everything and let Darwin take care of the rest :lol: