Chinese chainsaws - anybody done proper reviews

ArthurBottlesworth

Just looking at chinese chainsaws reviews on youtube and thought ocurred to me

The ebay traders will be buying in bulk the cheapest saws they can find so they can be the cheapest on ebay, and they won't bother importing spares either.....

But

China must have lots of professional arborists, and what are they using?

anybody know and has anybody actually tried their professional stuff?

I would fully expect the pro's to be using Husky's and Stihl's but would love to be proven wrong :lol:

I used a chinese saw for 2 - 3 years as a gardener / occasional user. The one I had came with a chain with no anti kickback features so that soon got binned and an oregon chain fitted. It has lasted many years since sitting in the shed as an ultimate back up to the back up saw. The compression is going on it now after a hard year felling conifers etc but its ok for what it is.

You get what you pay for, ultimately I paid for a Stihl.... or three...

Just looking at chinese chainsaws reviews on youtube and thought ocurred to me

The ebay traders will be buying in bulk the cheapest saws they can find so they can be the cheapest on ebay, and they won't bother importing spares either.....

But

China must have lots of professional arborists, and what are they using?

anybody know and has anybody actually tried their professional stuff?

Guy the log has a few of these Chinky saw`s and to be honest they are not that bad, yes they are a lightweight but the way i see it is if they suit your needs go for it. The spares situation is really the only problem but watch this space because as soon as there is enough want for aftermarket spares someone will jump on the band wagon and supply them. Other than the pull start mechanism`s they seem to have held up well.

Bob

i recently had the use of a brand fire new out the box spear n jackson saw it was,nt my cuppa tea very plasticky/rubbery feel but then again i,am sorry to say i became a chainsaw snob i sold anything i had been given saw wise and picked the bones of ebay as moneys tight and my stihl 024 works well never looked back never brokendown either but i did have the chance of 2 jcb chainsaws as new but walked away because i,am a snob £50 each from a builder and not done much still had there old box,s paperwork from new too

I'm asking because i've been told chinese manufacturing has invested in new machines and they are building to better standards than europe .....but possibly not better design ..... In which case its sensible for them to copy european machines

There a sugestion that stihl carburettors are now chinese .....if they can make carbs they can surely make the whole thing ....

There are lots of dirt cheapsaws such as chainsaw , Buy chainsaw Direct from China Manufacturers and Suppliers. Find Made In China chainsaw Products - China-Direct-Buy.com. which suggest the saws we're seeing are coming in at $50 each to ebay sellers

but what about chinese users there must be a demand in china for a high quality saw .....

i see what you mean now" theres some chainsaw tackle on there i did,nt know they built to that sort of size it will swamp the market if there stuff will work out cost effective longevity reliable and cheap wise etc it would be good to see one first hand and take them at face value are they good to go out for a days logging i"e fit for purpose or you get what you pay for etc

I'm asking because i've been told chinese manufacturing has invested in new machines and they are building to better standards than europe .....but possibly not better design ..... In which case its sensible for them to copy european machines

There a sugestion that stihl carburettors are now chinese .....if they can make carbs they can surely make the whole thing ....

There are lots of dirt cheapsaws such as chainsaw , Buy chainsaw Direct from China Manufacturers and Suppliers. Find Made In China chainsaw Products - China-Direct-Buy.com. which suggest the saws we're seeing are coming in at $50 each to ebay sellers

but what about chinese users there must be a demand in china for a high quality saw .....

Ok let's try.

The design of a chainsaw is very much the same across the board, they all have the same components, although they look different, there is a pot and piston, oil pump, brake band, handles etc. so really there is nothing that could be made new to a saw, so the chance of making a copy is high, but what that is made out of is the important thing.

The major companies want top grade materials, so they get them. To make a cheap copy would mean bringing the quality of material down. This is where the cheap stuff comes from, all made in the same factory by the same machines, but with a cheap material. So it doesn't last as long.

And this material does sometimes get mixed with the quality stuff and that's when parts fail on major saw names.

A cheap saw will be made from cheap materials, and some parts that are metal on a pro saw will be plastic on the cheap saw.

There are some very very good copy husky saws out there, and as we have all seen they are hard to see that they are a copy, even the experts have to think hard. And although in design it's the same saw, the materials are cheap low grade stuff that no one else wants.

I had a Chinese cheap thing, used it for roots and horrible timber that I wouldn't want to use a good saw on. As if it broke it would just go in the bin, and it did. But it was a £50 disposable saw.

And that brings up the disposable saw part, buy a saw for £50, it breaks you don't bother repairing it, just bin it and buy another. The companies don't make spares for them so what's the point.

tiss" such a shame they copy the name as i dont agree with that" how would the reaction be if say the brits did it in reverse manufacturing & selling a copy car or copy saws watch,swhatever surly its wrong from the off i"e counterfit sorry i,am going off the post now i will shut my gob lol

tiss" such a shame they copy the name as i dont agree with that" how would the reaction be if say the brits did it in reverse manufacturing & selling a copy car or copy saws watch,swhatever surly its wrong from the off i"e counterfit sorry i,am going off the post now i will shut my gob lol

Totally agree. By all means make a copy call it something else. Every time I go on holiday I buy `oakaay" sunglasses for couple of quid. They look like oakleys but I know they are not and the Don't claim to be as they are stamped oakaay. Should be the same with saws.

Totally agree. By all means make a copy call it something else. Every time I go on holiday I buy `oakaay" sunglasses for couple of quid. They look like oakleys but I know they are not and the Don't claim to be as they are stamped oakaay. Should be the same with saws.

lol i got a pair of rayrands on holiday :laugh1: £1