Useful tips and tricks

Chris5128

Ha ha.

it is a tricky one though, you can't just say "it'll take as long as it takes"

If I think it will take a day then if they ask how long will it take I say it could take up to a day maybe more or maybe less. Ha,Ha. Then if they say you have only been here a couple of hours is it cheaper I ask them if it took me a couple of weeks would they pay me more? That shuts them up.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly give them the price. If they are happy with that they may the ask about duration.

You can ask them why they need an exact time (maybe to take time off work) , is it important to them that it is done quickly?

Turn it into a positive and say you could throw more resource at it (subject to availability) if that would help - and that the price will not go up as it's still the same effort.

You can say it depends on how many people you bring with you.

Phrases like 'If we ALL come round we might do it in a day'

If you know it will be 1-2 days.

When you do arrive, tell them you've brought the full team of your top guys round so you will be as quick as you can.

If they think the cost is based on time some are less likely to offer drinks and snacks as they think they are paying you to sit around eating their food.

Occurred to me the other day but haven't tried it yet. When using single line for access. Throw line through crown to base tie. Leave throw line attached after pulling rope through and down to tie off point. Make a mental note of the point on the rope just below apex. Pull it back down, put your little prussic and revolver krab on it at this point. Put running end of rope through krab and pull it back with throw line. You then have the branch walking 3-1 system installed to get you to top of the tree. Not sure if this is common practice anyway

Because it makes you sound evasive, and some people take time off work or otherwise rearrange things to be there.

Had no problems before,if they need time of that's different but I'm talking about the Ave person . To be fair most don't ask but I have been cough out before so I try and avoid it like Ebola!