Spuds Porting and Tuning Thread

spudulike

Spud,I hope this is the best place to ask? Ive just been reading about the work done on a ms150 in another thread and the thought crossed my mind to ask you if you can do something similar to my t435?

All the best

Nathan

Spud,I hope this is the best place to ask? Ive just been reading about the work done on a ms150 in another thread and the thought crossed my mind to ask you if you can do something similar to my t435?

All the best

Nathan

Not done one to date but there is usually something that can be done with most saws!

Leaving my bench is a 357, which has had new fuel lines, carb cleaned, kit fitted and retuned, tank of aspen in it to help clear the cylinder, replaced air filter and suchlike. The 242 that was meant to be returned with it is still here... Pig of a saw! New lines same as the 357, it fired up and died. Bit more fiddling and I've got it idling. Throttle linkage only opens the butterfly to 3/4, which is causing a pulsating effect. It also needs a new starter spring! I've also now got a 365xt (straight fuelled) and an 090 (few minor bits)

Question for you Steve

is there a lot you can do with an old 266xp. It still runs well enough just wondered if you could get a lot more out of it or is it not worth doing anything with and just leave it as standard??

Question for you Steve

is there a lot you can do with an old 266xp. It still runs well enough just wondered if you could get a lot more out of it or is it not worth doing anything with and just leave it as standard??

I recently ported a 268XP and although a different saw, it had plenty of go to it when done and resolved an annoying habit off revving on after the throttle was closed!

I didnt hear what the owner thought but that is often the case.

With old saws it is worth checking the compression is good and the top end is in good shape as a first pass!

AH yeahhh...

159686491.2K2uzNlD.jpg

Jis a little snip and trim here and there...

159686492.QWXIlChi.jpg

Honey, I shrunk the cat...and then ported, polished, and port matched the exhaust.

Brrrzzznnnttt!!

Edited by wyk

AH yeahhh...

159686491.2K2uzNlD.jpg

Jis a little snip and trim here and there...

159686492.QWXIlChi.jpg

Honey, I shrunk the cat...and then ported, polished, and port matched the exhaust.

Brrrzzznnnttt!!

Wes, is that a finger port but on the exhaust side, a bit weird, seen staged and auxiliary exhaust ports before but this looks different, you got an image of the exhaust side or is it misleading?