Cold period? At last!

peckerwoo

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh joy.........

Anything you can say about week commencing 26th around the Portsmouth area?

I'm away on sea survival training that week and will spend most of it in the water in the harbour and in a pool. So I would like to be able to try and pack the right gear.

Don't want to pack my shorts and t shirts if it's going to the in the minus. :lol:

HI RICH soft mate get out there with your mankini on mate :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup:

Yes :confused1:

Now I'm confused, a plus temp will get cold or hot. A minus temp will get colder the higher it goes into the minus, Or it will cool back to 0 then it warms up. I think. :confused1::blushing:

Plus or minus is irreverent I think . Its direction . If something is , for example , minus 28 degrees and becomes minus 8 degrees its warmed up . If something is minus 28 degrees and become minus 38 dgrees its cooled down .

BBC weather presenter Paul Hudson has done a blog summary : here

So lots of chops and changes over the next few days but by far the most favorable shot of a Winter spell this season so far!

I`ll update tomorrow to give today`s runs a chance of consolidating further but the mean averages are roughly 8 degs C down in the reliable time period so it`s highly likely that much colder temps are on the cards.

Oh joy.........

Anything you can say about week commencing 26th around the Portsmouth area? etc

Long way out that Rich but if anything I would say we would more likely than not be back in a mild Atlantic and generally unsettled period by then?

Even longer term I`d go out on a limb and say an early spring but below avg summer in terms of sunshine hrs and temps but dont ask me why :biggrin:

Not holding my breath in expectation of snow.

Peckerwoo I am not sure but do you have something to do with YR.no? It's only that they are regularly predicting cold weather from the east on the long range forecast but it never seems to arrive. Met office is not predicting any cold weather last time I looked so what information do you get that differs from theirs or is it down to interpretation of the information? Don't get me wrong I like your efforts to keep up us up on what may happen :thumbup:

Edited by Woodworks