Creatine

Mark Bolam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a natural substance found in the body already. That is why it is/was so difficult to determine if the athlete had an unfair advantage through taking it.

Creatine is used by the Phospho Creatine (sp) CP or PC Energy system. The CP system provides an athlete with an almost instantaneous energy supply, good for approx max 15 second.

I cannot say for sure but are you guys who have experienced problems with creatine product not overdone it and developed an overuse injury or rsi through a false sense of security the product may give you?

Just a thought.

Note the good for approx max 15 second bit.

I was taking it to improve my sexual performance....

Never took massive amounts, 1/2 reco. dose of Maximuscle Cyclone.

Took it to help recovery times after hard work days and training. Never overcooked it. Maybe it's a side effect of getting old!

Switching to whey protein for a bit. You are meant to take regular creatine breaks anyway!

• 1 year later...

Creatine can make you show muscle more obviously, mainly due to water retention within cells. Due to this, you need to be upping your water intake to allow for this otherwise your wee will be the consistency of coffee. It does have worthwhile benefits but I think that the majority of people on supplements such as creatine and whey expect massive results from lesser effort, whereas really the converse is true; you need to work harder, for longer, to realise the benefits. This is fine if you are very physical, such as you climby people. If you are climbing more than a couple of times a week then this sorta stuff will probably help out! An office geezer sat at a chair will just get fat from the additional calories they are pumping into themselves without an outlet to expend the extra energy.

Or something like that.

Really makes your kidneys work hard :thumbdown: Short term use only :thumbup1:

I,m on PhD Whey chocolate cookie hardly any carbs but stacks of protein .

That little bottle is surgical spirits . Which I rub on me paws each night stops them cracking .

I'd heard it wasn't good on your kidneys aren't you meant to cycle on it?

As in time periods not a push bike:blushing:

ha ha ha that was funny man . I tryed it once the loading phase really bloated me :thumbdown:

Each persons different some do well on high carbs some do well on low carbs .

High protein vs moderate protein .

When you get to a certain age or have lifted for x amount of time you get to really no your body .

I let myself down a few years ago and got to 14 st + and I,m now down to 12st 2 lb .

Mon - Fri low carb / high protein . Weekend eat whatever within reason .

I,m 40 as long as I can keep having a go I will :lol: