drt

sse arb

:thumbup:thats the only time i dont use it as well 243 employees all on it as well you may well have a point about the rads gear will get my hands on some and give it a try.

its taken a long fight with some of the lads to get the drt message over at least 99% now are totally converted and feel a bit wierd when doing there homers on srt

DRT? RADS? Are there some new drugs out there I'm missing out on?

Help please.

No idea what DRT is i'm guessing D'dRT that we use day in day out??

RADS is where it at! Rapid Ascending and Descending System i think is what it stands for, i'll try and post some pics its an single rope system.

Thats what a I use daily for access its a good system you can work off it on your way up to the tie in point, or even do the whole tree off it, thined dead wooded and lifted a single stemmed Scots pine with it today so quick and easy.

Only problem with RADS system is its not the quickest or easiest for ascent, i prefer to be close to the trunk unlike other Single Rope systems

I always thought Drt was double rope technique,the standard climbing technique we all use. Rope over a branch one end tied to you and a friction hitch on the other part of the line. Ddrt is doubled rope technique, this is used to describe climbing a double rope like when footlocking.

I willl have look for something to confirm this. Please correct If im wrong.

I think I may have Drt and Ddrt confused

For me DRT means nothing at all, think it might be a rock climbing thing. DbRT means Doubled Rope Technique the way 99% of us climb most of the time for work position with a single rope and friction hitch making a continuous loop which you make smaller when you ascend and longer when you descend.

Only use SRT for ascending into the canopy, rope over a branch tied off at base using a running bow, using Petzl's right and left hand ascenders to ascend the rope. Sometimes footlock a doubled rope using the ascenders joined together. Never heard of RADS - sounds very suspect, like rickets or something.

There's a guy on here called softbankhawks who climbs SRT all the time for work positioning using the Unicender, as far as I know only him and a couple of others in America use this device for work postioning they're pioneers apparently.

Edited by scotspine1