Paleo diet for arborists

Steve Bullman

Its very strange how quickly you adapt and change to this new diet, I was a total coffee addict, but since giving up milk I found black instant coffee unpalatable (I don't take sugar in drinks) and making real coffee was a bit of a fag. I am now loving lemon tea or my real favourite just now is Twinning's liquorice tea, it delicious!!!

Instant black coffee should be illegal! :lol:

Do yourself a favour and get a cheap coffee machine. I bought one for £24 locally. Six months on in the yard, used about four times a day, can't believe it's still going! I've got it down to about fifteen seconds to rinse the element and jug, fill the water and coffee sections and flick the on switch. Quicker than pissing around with a kettle and instant- and no need to stir.

It is amazing how tastes change. I started to crave the bitter taste of black coffee after cutting out sugar for a few weeks.

I must try liquorice tea, thanks for the tip! You should also try the range of green teas Twinings do. £1 at tesco at the moment. Green tea and lemon or green tea an pomegranite are my favourites.

Keep it up guys!

Get rid of heartburn and GERD forever in three simple steps

Sorry couldn't find the old thread about reflux issues

This article has certainly opened my eyes

Makes even more sense and reason to go paleo

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Ross - good link. Listened to this radio 4 progamme the other day about antacids/ PPIs. It confirms a lot of what I've been reading about reflux, but there was no mention of diet being a factor. Perhaps I'll write to them to try and get the question raised. You can either listen to the programme or read the transcript on this link:

BBC Radio 4 - Inside Health, Care data, New gastric balloon, Vocal dysphonia, Antacids

Ive stopped the pills and am in the process of finding a natural alternative to repair the damage of the pills

I'm currently drinking slippery elm which is amazing stuff when you have read about it

Still loving the paleo way of thinking, it's been 3 weeks now and I can't see me going back

Ok, so now I'm really annoyed. Just bought a heap of muesli, vogels bread and single serve rice meals for my lunch in order to try and eat more healthily and cut out the crap and then I read this thread. Heard one of the NZ cricketers is really into paelo and swears by it. He's now trying to convert the rest of the team.

I'm not sure I could fully convert as I like my milk and cheese but I've decided I'm knocking the alcohol on the head for a start (my waste line has rapidly increased since I started having a beer every night) and the breads are going too. Might take a while to ditch the pasta and rice but the rest of the grains are going out the window for the chooks. I've always liked fruit but have often been worried with the amount of sugar in it and too much fruit gives me really bad bloat. It looks like it might take a while to get into the swing of things but no harm in trying. Oh well, off to the shop tomorrow then.