Paleo diet for arborists

Steve Bullman

I've been smoking on and off for the past 5 years after previously having given up for 10 years...stupid. Currently off and fingers crossed will stay that way as my fitness is really suffering lately. Don't drink much beer these days but do like my red wine, trying to limit that to 2 bottles a week at the moment though

My mate has spent a small fortune on iodine, special juices from the U.S. That cleanse the body, spends loads eating organic yes smokes loads. He thinks he's ok as it roll ups. Well done Steve for keeping off the fags mate:)

Steve - red wine is encouraged on Paleo according to some sources. So stay off the fags and have another glass instead!

Cavemen would allegedly stumble across fermenting berries and get drunk occassionally....thats the story that someone came up with to justify themselves drinking wine..I can go with that :thumbup:

Any idea why? Perhaps you wasn't eating enough? I'm fine, but eating regularly is very important I think

Not sure why. I was putting plenty of food away, never hungry. It happened a couple of times to a lesser extent but that time finished it for me. I think everyone's body just reacts differently to things.

I'm pleased i lost the stone and i'm keeping it off by eating sensibly and drinking a lot less beer.

• 5 months later...

I am your typical yo -yo diet boy . My heaviest weight last year was 14st 10lb at a height of 5ft 7 " and aged 44 . Ok I love my squatting and regularly blast out reps of 160kg / 180kg for 30 /40 reps . Although only recently I have realized that heavy carbs do not sit well with me . I did dabble with carb restriction last year but i was not educated enough to fully understand it .

This year I am on point . Obviously Christmas chucked a massive spanner in the works lol . Back on my mission now Mr Bullman and to be totally honest I feel better already 6 days in and but still just over 13 st . Onwards and upwards :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

I'm considering it.  I gave up sugar for the the first four months of this year and noticed a huge difference in my fitness and energy levels but I've relapsed since and put on weight due to a sweet tooth...,

my wife has chronic asthma and multiple food allergies so has to have a mainly paleo diet but she can't have egg which is limiting. 

Shes just started a new keto-genic diet which is low carb, low protein but high fat (good fats) It basically gets your body to burn ketones rather than glucose as energy,   it made a dramatic improvement in her health but it's very demanding in terms of weighing her food.  I'm a bit of a fat git for a climber at 5'9 and just under 14st, so I need to sort something out!!  Maybe cut the sugar out and go paleo again is the answer......

• Like 1

I did it again a few months back but it played havoc with my guts this time, even though last time it was fine. I've been doing the fast diet instead and tbh its really good, not much of a chore and i lost half a stone. I tend to limit the carbs on the non fast days as well..