Unimog cranes.

Buzz

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha! I have a lovely unimog crane for you...

If your looking at a unimog with a crane attached, dont bother. Way overpriced, and you'll get a clapped out old Hiab, which are only a1 or a2 rated. Timber cranes are b3 rated (refers to the life duty cycles), built with far superior steel, weigh less, lift more, have protected fittings, joystick action.....

great for big take downs,it will reach just under 60ft staight up.

The Mutts nuts good sir!We also have a Hi ab 071,but mounted on a Merc 5.5 tonner.Takes alot of work out of the big stuff if you can get close to the stick and is well handy.I like the idea of radio control,let us know how that works out for you.

Buzz:If you need some leads for Unimog cranes,let me know.

I have a hiab 071 which is mounted on a trailer behind my mog,it has 7M reach, but i've got a new crane coming in the new year,palfinger Pk10501D 14M reach with radio control,great for big take downs,it will reach just under 60ft staight up.

Jees how much will that cost !

Ed what in you opinion is the best way of removing large arb waste from jobs to an off road tip ?

I'm not against wagons if they can get in the yard.

Define silly money.

Is it classed as silly when the item does what you want it to and you are happy that it will continue to does so when other, possibly cheaper, alternatives have failed. For example, if it comes into it's main to go to and off road tip, would a better investment by a roadway, new yard etc.

Define silly money.

Is it classed as silly when the item does what you want it to and you are happy that it will continue to does so when other, possibly cheaper, alternatives have failed. For example, if it comes into it's main to go to and off road tip, would a better investment by a roadway, new yard etc.

Pete I have a Mog allready and as i've posted in other threads our yard is only accessable by 4x4, the roadway is at least 1/2 mile long so stone is out of the question.

A Unimog with a decent crane is between 23 and 30k + VAT a forestry tractor in good nick with a roof mounted crane can be had for 17-20k and is more versatile i just wanted more speed than that.

Might look as fastracs with a timber crane.

Ed you've still got the Loglift then ? :proud:

Silly money is when a 20 year old piece of equipment with an old crane commands premium price tags.

Matt, I have no doubt a 4x4 or 6x4 truck would handle your track. However, in your situation, why not just invest in a trailer / crane combo for your mog?

Personaly, I would go for a good condition ex utilities 4x4 snowplough truck with a decent forestry crane mounted on the back. Hopkinson fairdeals had some immaculate 1317 4x4 mercs in recently for under £10 K

The snowplow registration does get round the operators licence bit, but its white diesel and HGV.