Compact tractor

treefrog

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not had it that long not sure what it will lift as I have not got a loader on it yet. I've just used it for grass cutting and had the log splitter on the back. Easy to service starts 1st time every time even with the grass tyres it's real good in the mud as it's got 4 wheel drive and diff lock.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Well yes I did, but I've got a disco 1 200tdi, so not sure I can fit it. But it's more as a trailer that is self sufficient that can be used to pick up timber and cart it away.

Disco will take a hydraulic pump as long as its not an aircon model. The pump fits where the compressor would be and is belt driven.

A JCB power pack will run your little crane, the crane manufacturer will have a power pack matched or you can go to one of the big hydraulic suppliers and pick one up off the shelf

Oh how I wish it was mine! Unfortunately not though.

It's a little Botex, 500kg lift. It's run by a small Honda engine tucked in the front corner of the trailer, the kind you'd see on a Rotavator or similar. The controls are bolted onto the front panel.

It's great on site, but realistically on the road it's pointless. The unit weighs so much unladen that it's not got any worthwhile payload.

well i use a i tonne dumper 4 wheel drive goes anywhere mine a high lift so can drop timber in trailer use it in woods ring timber up take to trailer and dump it in when finished dumper goes on trailer and off home.

did think of putting a grab on back to drag timber but as easy to ring and throw in bucket. can do a lot in a day

can pick up 4 wheel dumpers cheap at mo pm me tree frog if interested have a contact who buys and sells plant.

That's the job.

Just been looking on the website. What crane did you go for, the ones I was looking at don't say anything about a power pack, only the quad ones, and they are trailer with it.

That's got 38 compact written on it, that's as far as I can help I'm afraid. The guy bought it from Jas P. Wilson

I also own one of the above it's a botex 38 compact crane powered by a honda gx390 engine jas p Wilson no longer build these as I understand it and there is only a very small amount ever built not to derail your thread I also have a mitsubishi compact tractor and a kanga loader and I would go with one of the small loaders available as I rarely use the tractor on site as is pretty useless apart from on a big open site and the small loaders are great boxer avant multione kanga are all great machines in my opinion