Disaster Arborist Team

Thanks again for the interest shown on here

If any of you would like more information on this, please email me some info on yourself. Such as background experience, contact details, and the tickets you have, etc and I will get back to you, asap.

could I ask only people that are seriously interested in this Team to email please.

[email protected]

Cheers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also be interested, sounds like a great idea. But only if you need groundies?.

Anyone and every is welcome bud. Just email Gary on the address below 👍

If any of you would like more information on this, please email me some info on yourself. Such as background experience, contact details, and the tickets you have, etc and I will get back to you, asap.

could I ask only people that are seriously interested in this Team to email please.

http://[email protected]

Cheers

• 4 months later...

[email protected]

Cheers

Right it's time for an update from DART International UK. We have been very busy behind the scenes. Recruiting and setting up the management team, filling out numerous forms, getting the website up and running, along with the Facebook and Twitter pages. Whilst we have been working full time and some extra throughout the many storms we encountered in the SW during February as well as family time.

We are now officially a Charity and registered with the Charity Commissions as DART INTERNATIONAL UK Registered Charity Number 1157168.

We now have a board of 5 trustees, all of whom are very experienced, qualified and knowledgeable in the arb industry or humanitarian aid response.

Gary Bailey is the Chairman

Mile Metcalfe is the Secretary

Jon Mackeen (Me) Vice Chair, Treasurer

Steve Atkins Trustee

Ian Tagima Trustee

We have our first corporate sponsor, Glendale Services, who have redesigned our corporate logo and website. Thank you to all at Glendale for all the amazing work you have done for us.

We are going to be at Arboricultural Associations (AA) ARB Show on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th June at stand T6 kindly donated to us by the AA. Come and meet some of the team at the show. We are officially launching the DART concept at the show and will be presenting at the contractors workshop.

If you are interested in getting involved come along to the show and pick up a volunteer enrolment form, let us know your skills and we will add you to the list of potential volunteers. The forms are also available to download on the new website, please return completed forms to [email protected]

After the ARB Show we are going to go through the received volunteer forms and invite the most suitable candidates to our first training weekend in July.

Please check out the website D.A.R.T. International

like us on Facebook search for Disaster Arborist Response Team

of follow us on Twitter @DART_Arborists for further updates

Thanks to all who have been in contact in the past and we will be in touch very soon. If we missed anybody during the last email roll out then please contact us again or download the form from the website.

Some exciting time are ahead, see you at the ARB Show

We will endeavour to post further updates here as and when we have them.

Regards

Jon

We had a great time at the Arboricultural Associations (AA) ARB Show and had lots of positive interest from the industry and several volunteer forms filled out by potential responders.

Now we will be selecting some of these to be invited to our training weekend in Cornwall.

This training is crucial and only people who have attended and passed the training will be able to become responders. The training will include essential safety and security training which will be provided by our (ex-special forces) in house training team, along with general survival, first aid, etc training.

Once again we would like to thank everyone who stopped by the stand at the Arb show, has helped out or replied to our posts and if you would like to become involved either by becoming a responder, operations support or by becoming a sponsor please email [email protected] or check out the website D.A.R.T. International

Regards

DART Internatioanl UK team

Follow us on Twitter @DART_Arborists

or like us on Facebook