New 550xp, Aspen, 10" logs, now what?

Landyandy

We did the setup thing with the 540 but didnt bother with the 560, both saws run great.

You can get idling probs amongst other things if the saw settings are well out, so in that case it is worth doing the 3-5 minutes of full bore cutting.

This is from the Husky Autotune data

Tuning mode; To enter tuning mode, two conditions have to be fulfilled: the throttle sensor has to indicate full throttle at the same time as the ignition system indicates 8 000 – 12 000 rpm. In other words; full throttle and load.

If you over load the saw so it runs below 8,000 and on full throttle it will not enter auto tuning mode, or if you dont have it on full throttle but have it screaming then the same applies.

Got a 550xp a couple of months ago and on first start, sunk it into some biggish stuff. It was a bugger to start for a time or two after that but sorted itself out and now runs as it should. I guess the AT sorts it.

I'm sure I saw in the Husky manual that you should nurse them a little for the first few hours though the advice on here seems to be to work them hard from the outset. That worked for me.

Got a new 550xp auto tune, 15" bar, and I will be using aspen.

The saw came with a bit of fuel in the tank.

I'm interested in hearing any views on setting the auto tune on the first start.

I have read a few threads on here re this saw and it seems getting the auto tune set up is pretty important. So just want to get this right.

Thanks for any views.

Cheers.

Andy.

Hi,

Not sure that you will need to do much to it as ALL Husqvarna 2strokes are run on Aspen in the factory.

Contact me if you have any problems

Eddie

Auto tune ,I love it !! But to get the best from your saw do not leave the saw on idle ticking over for long periods , one dealer told me they had one that had problems and when they read the auto tune diagnostic the saw had spent more time ticking over than running.

I would also say they are a one person saw as mine seams to run crap if I give it to a newly cs passed groundy for half hour , maybe I should buy him a stihl... These saws like and need to be ran properly not gingerly cutting at half revs.